1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Get rid of Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by tinytim, Oct 1, 2006.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

News reports are now saying that the NFLPA (players' union) will protest the suspension as excessive. NFL Network's Jamie Dukes has publicly called the suspension as excessive. Reports are that the union want to challenge the rookie commissioner on his first ruling.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I really hope the Dallas player files charges, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Why can't the police file the charges on their own?

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Law will not allow it. You have to have a criminal complaintant. Without one, there's no case.

According to Fox Sports Radio, Haynesworth apparently will not appeal the ruling, despite protestations from the NFLPA. Good for Haynesworth. He also called the RB and apologized personally, FWIW.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well, the report says that he (Haynesworth) said, "I am not a dirty player!" :saint:

I wonder if Andre Gurode might beg to disagree with that? :rolleyes:

The Penalty is pronounced! Five smacks on the hand and forty lashes with a wet noodle!

Ed

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Almost forgot! Haynesworth also does 30 minutes of "community service", if he can find anyone who will stand that close! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think he should have been booted for a minimum of one-year or the rest of the current season, without pay, and with no contact or association with the Titans for that time!

Bet it would not happen again, with him or any others!

Ed

#26 EdSutton, Oct 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006