1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gifts for deacons rolling off?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cory75, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Cory75

Cory75 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my first post here, so I apologize if this isn't in the right forum. I am the interim pastor at the church my family has attended since 2006, and we have two deacons rolling off at the end of the year, one of which is our current chairman. I'd like to recognize them...not go overboard or anything, but just recognize their service. They have been part of the church leadership that has overseen the departure of our pastor of 17 years, that transition, the arrival of a new pastor, his departure 15 months later due to family health (his dad, wife's mom and dad), and the transition since. These two have been instrumental in helping our church move forward rather than sitting stagnant or lagging. Their service to the Lord and their service to His people have been extraordinary.

I'd like to do something aside from just recognizing them before the church. Does anyone have an idea for gifts to give deacons who are moving to an inactive status?

Thanks.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Definitely recognizing them before the church is vitally important. From there, a gift certificate to a nice restaurant, something from CBD like a plaque or picture nice would work too? A nice pen set? Hmm - I'll think some more....

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently stepped down from leadership myself for health reasons.

Given their maturity they don't really need anything.
    Recognition before the church is nice.

What I miss the most is the weekly prayer updates.
    Keep them as involved as they are able.

Rob