1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliani Set to Fully Embrace Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by James_Newman, May 10, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is still unbelieveable to me, but right here on this board, I have seen Christians say they would vote for abortionist Giuliani over abortionist Clinton. At best, this person is without vision, and very weak spiritually.

Why do we set standards so low? I dont advocate a third choice. I advocate dismantling the two parties, and coming up with two choices that, although they may differ, care about the welfare of the American people more than they care for their power base and their self centered agenda.

With the exception of one or two, all the announced candidates should be deported to the moon.

There is nothing on this earth more sickening than a liberal republican. (McCain, Giuliani, Romney, and Bush). It is what we expect from the democrats.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Abortion is not the only thing that is important.

I realize that this is blasphemy to some of you.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

If an individual is capable of killing babies or being an accomplice to killing babies, there's not much else that is important in respect to supporting such an individual. People who do such things should be in jail, not running for office.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Killing innocent Iraqis, though, is OK. Letting people in Darfur die by the
    millions, OK. Ugnadan children kidnapped and forced to fight for the Lord's Army, OK. A million children a year disappearing into sex slavery, OK. People living in FEMA trailers going on 2 years after Hurricane Katrina, OK.

I can go on if you'd like.

Only those who are unborn are important in your political ideology, huh?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please do.

You haven't named anything yet that is more important.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah, that would be a lot better than not voting.

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

They are pretty disgusting.

8. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

The blood of the "Innocent" Iraqi's is on the head of the radical Islamists. They utilize these innocents as pawns in their war. Millions of so called innocents were sacrificed in WWI and WWII, Viet Nam, and elsewhere, but they were called casualties of war. These innocent casualties were unfortunate, but a part of war. We seem to demand the enemy be vanquished, magically, with no collateral damage.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Whether or not we should have gotten in Iraq is the subject of a seperate debate which we have worn to death on this board. It has nothing to do with abortion..

What does Darfur, Uganda, and sex slavery have to do with who is elected POTUS? Abortion has much to do with him or her.

As far as Katrina goes, this is how it is. In 1969, when I was a senior at Gulfport, my family lost a house on Highway 90. Katrina made the house my dad was living in now unliveable although he lived ten blocks inland. Your comment about FEMA is bogus. We are all adults, choose where we want to live, and provide insurance for ourselves. Find your own place to live. It is not the job of the federal government. At most, the federal government should be (along with the state) helping to restore the infrastructure, not individual lives.

Yes, abortion trumps all of that. That is the one issue, on top of all others, that I refuse to vote for a candidate over.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am pro-life but a candidate's position on abortion does not trump all else in determining for whom I will vote. My overall concern is for limited government.

The government in this country, on any level and regardless of the law, by not outlawing abortion does not make any particular act of abortion take place.

The government in this country, on any level and regardless of the law, by outlawing abortion would not prevent a particular act of abortion from taking place.

I am all for outlawing 100% of all abortions but what we need is a change of heart among people so that women realize that the unborn baby is a separate being that they are harming in the act of having he/she aborted. Abortion is not a victimless act.

11. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Killing innocent Iraqis is baaaaad. I have been quite vocal on this topic on this board.

Ugandan children is a Ugandan issue. Abortion in America is not.

Children disappearing into sex slavery is against the law in America, abortion is not.

There is no provision in the U.S. Constitution for putting people up in trailers or otherwise after a natural disaster. It is not the role of the federal gov't to provide for such things, nor is it the role of the federal judiciary to legalize abortion.

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

And the slaughter of unborn children has more weight in the eyes of God than limited government.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Finally a post that makes sense. Are you feeling well?

14. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Next year is going to be so interesting! BOTH parties now in favor of abortion and gay rights. Christians unhappy with Giuliani because of this, even as conservative as he is in other areas.

In 2004, people were so unhappy with Bush they rallied behind Peroutka and this radical "Constituion Party". What was scary was that the only opposition to this was that he would not get enough votes to win, and they would end up going to the evil Democrats.

So now, is the CP going to come back next year? Are more Christians going to rally behind it, since even the Republicans now have gone off te deep end? Funny; with such dire straits; I haven't been hearing about the CP here or elsewhere.
    How can we dismantle the existing system? Is that really possible, or is it just a frustrated wish?
    :thumbs:
    That is so true, as we have for so long trusted in the Republican Party to protect the unborn, and not only did the Conservatives, from Reagan on down, not stop it, but now the entire party, almost, seems to have given in on it. There's a momentum here that lies beyind the two-party system, and nny "change of heart" is obviously not going to come from the political process.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No one mentioned the CP but you. When the American people get enough of the present two party system, they will act, and it will not be a frustrated dream.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said that it didn't.

I don't vote based on the abortion issue alone. That is what I said.

17. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

And I did not direct anything at you.

18. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

So far, that is. That's why I said next year will be interesting. What I'm saying is that I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, though I don't know if they are still around or what, as I don't follow them. I just remember all the hoping for them here last election year.
    I myself wonder how, and I also wonder if the American people would ever think to change the system even if it could be changed. It just seems "the people" have been lulled to sleep, and as it is primarily the Christians who are the most concerned with abortion and homosexuality, most people are just going with whichever party promises them whatever fiscal, moral or constitutional issue they are concerned with most in life, and then they just go back to fawning over the latest blonde tabloid star until their own personal life crashes.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sure you didn't.

20. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

What's this tp? When you can enunciate your views in a clear logical manner, without the name calling, you may be better understood and respected. Speaking in a condescending manner detracts from your message.

#40 hillclimber1, May 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2007