1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Glorifying God

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by hsmom3, Jul 17, 2005.

1. hsmom3

hsmom3 New Member

I Corn. 10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

What does it really mean to glorify God? I have heard someone say that amusement parks do not glorify God, and other things like that. I personally feel if something does not offend God, then it IS glorifying to Him.

Do things have to be necessarily Christian-themed to glorify Him?

hsmom3

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

No they do not have to be christian themed to glorify God.
    It is how we live with them, how we act and present ourselves.
    Are we willing to skip church and got to an amusment park? Then God will not be glorified.
    When our ways, thoughts, opinions, the way we dress, or the things we accept reflect God and His opinon then He is glorified.

3. OCC

OCC Guest

Everything is glorifying to God if one is a conservative.

I agree with donnA.

[ July 17, 2005, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Amusement parks are like many other things in our world, it is neutral. It can be used for good and it can be used for bad depending on what we do with it.

Bringing glory to God can and should be done in every area of our life. On the job, at school, in the garden, with your kids, etc, etc, etc.

Deut 6 is a good place to see this mindset.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

Having fair and consistent rules brings glory to God to.

[ July 17, 2005, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Your constant complaining doesn't.

7. OCC

OCC Guest

:rolleyes:

niether does the liberal bashing...

8. OCC

OCC Guest

Was there any reason to edit my post there moderator? No...I don't think so.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes.
    King James, your are running from thread to thread like a troll using the exact demeaning language that you are crying about to others. When you expect others to act with a Christian attitude you act the exact opposite, in the most carnal way possible. Every offensive remark I find of yours will be deleted and your actions are now being discussed in the moderators forum with the administration.
    DHK

10. OCC

OCC Guest

DHK, you are right I am going from post to post. I am ANGRY! And you know why!

My remarks will be edited...but not the ones that others make eh? What are you going to do about the "liberalism is a Mental Disorder" remark? hmmm?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Most have already been edited. Why do you feel you have such a martyr complex?

12. OCC

OCC Guest

Let's see...because I reported them multiple times and was ignored. Because you seem to enjoy "correcting" me in public whilst letting the others off the hook.

A martyr complex? That could be because everyone always attacks me and can't take it when I fight back. Or that I always get blamed for everything. That's all I will say...since I have a "Mental Disorder" I will have to go to a shrink...

13. OCC

OCC Guest

And because I was called a "troll". I am not a "troll".

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

</font>[/QUOTE]So, becasue you don't like what someone does it is ok for you to react badly? So whoes in charge of you then? Not you, not God, but those who you are offended by.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

Then stop acting like one.

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well this thread and many others has certainly NOT glorified our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have had so many pm's and emails in the last few days about ugly attitudes and name calling and am actually ashamed to read most of what I've seen. The treatment of our brothers and sisters in Christ is horrid.

Jesus said:

17. OCC

OCC Guest

Then stop acting like one. </font>[/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

18. OCC

OCC Guest

</font>[/QUOTE]So, becasue you don't like what someone does it is ok for you to react badly? So whoes in charge of you then? Not you, not God, but those who you are offended by.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Likewise, who is in charge of the people who react badly if I offend them? But I do thank you for your point because it was a good one.

19. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

Can't you all handle this through the PM function? I promise, I did not log on to this site to watch an argument unfold on the message board.

20. OCC

OCC Guest

Fair question. I'll answer it though. Because the PM function didn't work...and then a few people had a few things to say to me publicly and I responded in kind.

With all due respect though, your question appears kind of provoking, especially when as far as I was concerned it is all over. If you dont want to watch an argument maybe you should refrain from trying to start one up all over again. Words of wisdom from KJ.