1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Glorifying God

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by hsmom3, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Maybe this thread should start over from scratch? I spend all this time reading for nothing!

2. OCC

OCC Guest

Marcia, it started over actually with Diane's post and then mine just above yours which both glorified God.

Yeah...let's start this over.

I will do my best to follow this commandment: "John 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." which would glorify God.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

:rolleyes:

niether does the liberal bashing...
    </font>[/QUOTE]So, becasue you don't like what someone does it is ok for you to react badly? So whoes in charge of you then? Not you, not God, but those who you are offended by.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Likewise, who is in charge of the people who react badly if I offend them? But I do thank you for your point because it was a good one.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You aren't responsable for how others act, but you are responsable for how you act.

4. OCC

OCC Guest

You are right. Likewise, they are responsible for how they act. If it is tolerated...I will confront them myself.

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Hey, lets try to remember that we are all a bunch of jerks and the Lord Allmighty had to hang from a tree to get us off the hook.

Matthew 5:23-24
    23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee;
    24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

1 Corinthians 6:7
    7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

6. OCC

OCC Guest

Amen James. I don't think I'm better than everyone else. I just know that nobody is better than me. [​IMG]

7. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

To me, Glorifying God, is behaving like a Christian, in a manner that will draw non-believers near to God, as opposed to behaving in a manner that will push people away from God.

I phrase it that way because I think that NOT glorifying God goes beyond "sinning." I think that acting like the "bad" neighbors in the story of the good samaritan - being too holier-than-thou to help someone who needs you, talking a lot about God but never ACTING like God - never DOING the DO's, sometimes doing the dont's.

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Amen Diane.

9. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Question to some of you -

When God replays the contents of this board on judgment day - are you going to be able to look Christ in the eye?