1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go Blue Devils!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by jstrickland1989, Dec 17, 2005.

1. jstrickland1989

jstrickland1989 New Member

I've been a fan for about 8 years now. I don't see them losing this year. With J.J Redick and Sheldon Williams, they have to be the most talented team this year.

James

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They may lose a game(s) during the conference season but they are definitely the USC Trojans of college basketball and should definitely win the NCAA championship in the spring.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

They are a great team. But they will loose this year. They almost lost at home to Virginia Tech. The ACC is always tough and I do not see them going through all those teams and a tourney undefeated.

4. jstrickland1989

I tell ya what, I about went through the roof when they hit that shot at halfcourt. [​IMG]

James

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Never pull for a devil (blue or otherwise)...

Oh yeah, and no Demon Deacons either! :D

6. jstrickland1989

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

We're still in December and you're talking up an undefeated season? Never mess with sports karma like that. [​IMG]

They have 21 regular season games left, a conference tournament and the NCAA Tournament. Winning all those games, including ACC games on the road, is a pretty tall order. All it takes is for Redick to have a bad game shooting, and there goes your undefeated season.

A few years ago, Duke was thought to be an absolute lock to win the NCAA Tournament, and a funny thing happened. They ran into an Indiana team that were equally as talented and IU won the game, going on to make it to the championship game that year. (btw, that was one of my best moments picking the NCAA Tournament when I picked IU over Duke :D )

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Blue Devils? (turns to spit on the ground) as a UNC fan I can't stand them. I hope they loose, and I think they will.

9. PastorSBC1303

Good choice going with UNC in basketball....seeing that Michigan has forgotten how to play lately :D [​IMG]

10. PastorSBC1303

I am an Indiana fan. I think they are going to have a strong team this year. They hung with the Blue Devils a couple weeks back.

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Good choice going with UNC in basketball....seeing that Michigan has forgotten how to play lately :D [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]I am a Michigan fan too. I went to a small Bible college in NC and fell in love with the Tarheels.

By the way Michigan was undefeated until today. They lost to UCLA 68 to 61 not a bad loss by any means.

12. jstrickland1989

I will respect your ignorance for the time being. [​IMG]

13. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Can't stand UNC either. It's the UK Wildcats all the way. We've had a few bumps this season, but we always recover, as shown with our massacre of Louisville this weekend. As of Jan. 14 we will have Morris back too. Don't count us out yet.

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm an Indiana fan as well and I'm wondering who counts Kentucky out of anything? As you might expect, I can't stand Kentucky and was thrilled at the 26 point beatdown of the Kittycats on 12/10. :D

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I respect Kentucky a lot. I lived in southern Indiana for two years and there were a good number of UK fans there.

16. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Yes, it was a humbling experience. :eek: I would savor it while you can. :D It only took Mike Davis six times to actually beat us. He should be proud to give the Hoosiers their second win in 12 games. It was definitely a wake up call for the Cats. I remember a few years ago when Louisville beat UK, by I think 20, and we went on to win all the rest of our games only to be beat by Marquette in the elite 8. I have faith that Tubby will keep the Cats together.

17. rozy

rozy Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Possibly, but at least we won't be losing to Tar Heels this year. :D

18. PastorSBC1303

I would not be so sure of that...UNC is not the team they had last year, but they can still be good. I would not be so confident.