1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Go Wigan Athletic!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Ben W, May 12, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well seeing as "Sheffield Wednesday" dont seem to be surfacing in division one in the Premier league any time soon, I think that I am going to throw my lot in with "Wigan Athletic" who have won their first ever promotion to the big league!

- Wigan Athletic promoted to Premiership

Written by Christopher Brooks
    Wigan Athletic FC (SW)

WIGAN, May 8 (SW) - Wigan Athletic have beaten Reading to win promotion to the top tier for the first time in their history.

Strikers Lee McCullough and Jason Roberts grabbed a goal apiece to see the northerners enter the Premiership as runners-up in the Coca-Cola Championship, joining Sunderland who had already been confirmed as divisional winners.

Wigan boss Paul Jewell has already been promised a transfer kitty of £25 million to enable them to have a serious push for survival next season.

The third team to be promoted will be the winners of the four-team playoffs, which commence next weekend. Those involved are Ipswich, Derby, Preston and West Ham.

http://snipurl.com/ets8

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The flip side of my relegation's thread. [​IMG]

Wigan [​IMG] MAKES THE SHOW [​IMG] as we would say in the States.

Now if I could just find out where Wigan is located without turning to an ordanace survey map.