1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God’s Covenant With Man

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by greatday, Sep 23, 2003.

1. greatday

greatday New Member

"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. "Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. "I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. "And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. Ezekiel 36:25-30

Part of God’s covenant with His people is that He as the mighty God, Savior, Healer, and Deliverer, will do all kinds of things for His people including bring them out from under the burdens, rescuing them from their bondage, redeeming them with an outstretched arm and with great judgments, cleansing them from all their filthiness and all their idols, giving them a new heart and putting a new spirit within them, taken out them a heart of stone and giving them a heart of flesh, put His Spirit within them and causing them to walk in His statues and keeping His judgments and doing them, calling for prosperity upon their land. Now of course God’s people must be willing to allow Him to do all this for them for God will not do anything against their will as He is a perfect gentleman. His word is unchanging:

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh. For with a strong hand he will let them go, and with a strong hand he will drive them out of his land." And God spoke to Moses and said to him: "I am the LORD. "I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD I was not known to them. "I have also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were strangers. "And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant. "Therefore say to the children of Israel: 'I am the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. 'I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 'And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the LORD.' " Exodus 6:1-8

'Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. 'And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel." Exodus 19:5-6

As part of this blood covenant God also promised that if they would obey His voice and do what He speaks to them, then He would be an enemy to their enemies and an adversary to their adversaries. They would serve the LORD their God, and He would bless their bread and their water. And He would take sickness away from their midst (Exodus 23:20-25). Yes, if they will indeed obey His voice and keep His covenant, then they shall be a special treasure to Him above all people. And they shall be to Him a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. In other words their success and prosperity would be dependent of hearing the voice of God and doing what He commands them to do. God’s word is unchanging:

"Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. "And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God: "Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. "Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks. "Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. "Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out. Deuteronomy 28:1-6

"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. John 10:16

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27

But do God’s people hear and heed His voice? Sadly the answer is no! There are a few who hear God’s voice and obey Him and are greatly blessed by Him but for the most part the sheep don’t really hear and heed’s God’s voice. Mind you many of them hear and heed the voice of other shepherds who also don’t hear and heed God’s voice. And that is why present day Christianity is anemic, impotent and almost useless.