1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God Laughs?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tyndale1946, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

God having emotions is an interesting topic, perhaps depending on what perspective one takes: God the Father, God the Son, or God the Holy Spirit. The Father projects this image of an unfathomable, incomprehensible, omnipresent, omniscient entity perhaps with no form or otherwise distinguishable features.

God the Son as demonstrated in the man Jesus displayed emotions: he wept, he showed compassion (Lazarus, while on the cross, numerous healing), he loved the little children. There are many examples.

God the Holy Spirit is more difficult to understand or even describe so I don't think I can do much in that regard. Perhaps someone else understands this aspect better than I?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course he does! He made you didnt he! :rolleyes:

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I rest my case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

Can God really laugh? What will make him laugh? If He can laugh then it means He can also cry, but I have never thought about. Can He do it in advance because he knows already knows what will happen?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

To some extent the highest aspect of God that is just energy, probably has no emotion as we understand it. ie. why laugh when you know it's coming, right? I would image it to be in a permanent state of superlative bliss, needing nothing or wanting nothing. Emotion would not phase the being in anyway. Does this make sense? Kind of like God would be like the Sun; in a permanent state of Joy.

As for mercy and compassion which are beautiful attributes of God, are they feelings or states of being?

6. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

I believe so too. Since we are made in his image, he obviously has a sense of humor. It's pretty interesting to think about!

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The emotion of God?... Well it does say in Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”... Iconoclast or one of you others want to take this!... Brother Glen