1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

going to see the Ballet tonight

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Grace, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Grace

Grace New Member

Hi all! I've been given two tickets to see the St. Petersburg Russian Ballet tonight. I'm so very excited. My Gramma is going with me...so I get a special Gramma Day. Does anyone else enjoy Ballet? Forget for a moment that we're baptists and baptists don't dance...lol..we "creatively move" [​IMG]

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What piece are they doing?

3. Grace

Grace New Member

I dunno...I"ll find out tonight. LOL...I didn't ask when my aunt gave me the tickets for free. I figured...ask no questions. I hope its something by Tchaikovsky..simply because I love his music. But anything I'm sure will be beautiful.

4. Grace

Grace New Member

***Swirls dancing and laughing around the room***

It was so beautiful! They performed several pieces. My two favorites were a ballet done to "Pachelbel's Canon in D" (A personal favorite of mine to play on piano) and "The Dying Swan" from Swan Lake. The music was wonderful. It's amazing how music, even when it has no words, can affect a listener's mood. The key, tempo, dynamics and instrumentation can pull together in a way to make a listener feel joyful or sad, peaceful or haunted. The only thing that would have made the night better would have been to have a live orchestra. But, we can't have everything now can we? Of course, sharing the evening with my adopted Gramma made it even more special. We don't get to spend very much time "just me and Gramma", so this was a special night for the two of us. Just thought I'd let you know how it went.