1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Going to the movies

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by musicforyou, May 5, 2006.

1. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Excellent thought.....totally agree with you!

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there’s something worth seeing.

Movie theatres can offer a better experience (if the theatre is well maintained and other movie-goers are considerate), but watching it at home gives you control over all of the technical variables. Furthermore, you can replay scenes if you miss dialogue or miss an important bit of action.

I don’t have a formula. I follow the work of certain directors, actors/actresses, and screenwriters; but I also try to find out what movies are about before I spend time and money on them. I avoid movies that are merely hedonistic, and I tend to avoid fantasy (because I don’t really care for the genre) and special effects-driven films.

Give me a strong story, based on truth, and I’m interested.

Sure. There are movies that are only appropriate for adults, just as there are parts of scripture that are only appropriate for adults.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Right on. Excellent post regarding convictions, liberty, and an individual's responsibility to seek God.

As far as adults seeing movies that we wouldn't let children see...

I plan on making my kids watch Schindler's List when they are in their mid-to-late teens. But I wouldn't let them see it now.

4. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Great movie....I have it on DVD....another great, moving, true story. [​IMG]