1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Going to the Theatre

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pareeeee, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you remember the move The Lone Ranger

Also there was an epsoide of Happy Days where Fonzie meets the Lone Range - his childhood idol

It seems that Clayton Moore did not like the movie beacuse the lack of proper morals. (though I cant find a reference to that - any help appreciated)

The Lone Ranger Creed

In every incarnation of the character to date, the Lone Ranger has conducted himself by a strict moral code. This code was put in place by Fran Striker at the inception of the character. Actors Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels, taking their positions as role models to children very seriously, also tried their best to live by this creed.

"I believe.....

That to have a friend, a man must be one.

That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.

That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.

In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.

That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.

That 'this government of the people, by the people, and for the people' shall live always.

That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.

That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.

That all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever.

In my Creator, my country, my fellow man."

If only our TV characters would live by this code.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, to this day, I still love the radio version of the Lone Ranger and have a couple dozen episodes on my ipod (along with Gunsmoke and a few dozen other shows). Hated the movie and don't really remember the TV show. I know I watched it, but I was really more interested in Linda Evans on Big Valley.

For the record, this is where I'm going to show myself to be a hypocrite. I know I'm the one who's always talking about how we don't have a TV, but there is a great show on now called "Human Target", in which the character is a real, old fashioned, right is right and wrong is wrong and never the twain shall meet, hero.

I would also count Michael Weston from "Burn Notice" in with that. He's not morally ambiguous, he just sincerely wants to do the right thing, and has a very bad temper when it comes to people who hurt children.

Jack Bauer used to be like that, but as the series progressed, the lines between right and wrong became blurred until by the final season, you weren't sure if Jack was still the hero or was now the bad guy.

#62 JohnDeereFan, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010