1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good Indy Fundy Colleges

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Refreshed, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now THAT is a hoot. Having attended Pillsbury in the 60's and been a professor there in the 90's, that is simply just not true.

Do you have an axe to grind, Maverick? I mean, Pensacola would be the LAST place I would recommend because they are NOT Baptist or even remotely baptistic.

Pillsbury, since 1854 (oldest west of the Mississippi) has been owned by the fundamental baptists and is a strong baptist school. A teacher or two might have been reformed, but to try to "dis" a school by calling it "5 point" is a stretch.

Just setting the record straight. [​IMG]

2. reubdog

reubdog New Member

I've attended Northland Baptist Bible College nbbc.edu And I love it. We are not accredited, because we're mainly designed to train people for the ministry. As far as PCC, please don't go there. I've seen too many people's lives wrecked from experiences at that school. If you don't believe me see www.pensacolachristiancollege.com
    It is not worth going to a school that does not allow discussion in the classroom, internet on campus, and forbids it students from going to other libraries in town. and that's just the tip of the iceberg. there are some good folk down there, and my heart goes out to them. (never mind the whole "pensacola videos controversy" )
    reub

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Indy Fundy College?!?!
    Now there is an oxymoron if ever I heard one!

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

go2church, if you think fundies are wacko, there are plenty of other forums.

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Relax you indy fundy tight-wad! Remember the first letters in fundamentalist spell "fun".

Besides having gone to indy fundy schools myself I know from where I speak. The fact is that most of those so called schools are nothing more then tributes to the size of some wacko (to use your word) preachers ego and do very little in the way of actual education.

6. reubdog

reubdog New Member

come on, BJU, Maranatha, Pillsbury, Northland, Faith in iowa, those are all good schools. They just have too many rules : )

7. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Clearwater Christian College is a great school, although it is not "Baptist" by name, it does hold to historical fundamentalism.

www.clearwater.edu

8. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Oh, yes, it's in sunny FLORIDA-- no snow, and the only white stuff is beach sand!!!!