1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Got layed off today

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 22, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thats what they would have you believe. Unions are more greedy and as corrupt. Whild they have had their place in time, they have become a leech on society responsible for sending jobs overseas, not corporations. What happened to you happened to me and it is a sign of the times and the direction we are headed leading up to Christ's return. Praying you find something soon.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm so sorry; I don't know what else to say. My heart goes out to all of you all. I fear this is only the beginning of economic woes to come. Things are not good here in my area either.

You all have my prayers.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps brothers, these things happen for reasons not known to us. I was also layed off & went through a process of finding work after 20 years of loyal service to an employer, but there is no loyalty today. after depleting all my sayings I was truly depressed & dejected & then my brothers I was on my knees in prayer. Out of the blue came a job....not what I really wanted but a job none the less & thank God for it. It doesnt pay much but I put food on the table & for the 1st time in a while can once again give my family presents for Christmas. I will be on my knees this evening praying for some folks & I will say a prayer for you friend & for you Guy & for all looking for that elusive thing called a job.

God bless all.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel for you. There are allot of politics and the place I worked at was no exception. I noticed that the one guy who almost slugged out the clerk one day and about 4 people had to restrain him from his yelling and screaming kept his job. He is the son of a favorite there. I also noticed that all the family members in one last name kept their jobs. Some of them are lazy, yet are favored due to politics.

Job performance means only 50% if less in the equation. Politics, personality, kissing up, and such is the other 50%.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets be optimistic. I do not wish to rely on credit Cards.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Well, let's see, he's the one that made it about unions with his statement. He's the one that posted it in the debate forum. If all he wanted was prayer, he should have posted it in the prayer request forum and I would have "shut up". But, since he posted it in the debate forum and decided to make it political, it's fair game.

#26 matt wade, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  7. marke

marke New Member

I don't think there is any need to criticize someone for expressing his opinion about the unions even at this time. After all, ideas behind the formations of unions have been responsible for countless business failures and thousands of lost jobs. We do need to learn to trust God in difficult times and pray He deliver us from worldly ideas about trusting in govt and non-competitive job guarantees for fleshly security. Besides, comrade citizen, it is anti-Christian to call a friend a jerk and even Jesus called Judas, "Friend."

#27 marke, Dec 22, 2011
  8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So sorry to hear you lost your job, especially at this time of year. May this be a time for you to draw closer to God and rely on His provision.

By the way, we haven't had cable TV for years and years, and we don't get any local TV due to the mountains here in WV. We don't miss the cable a bit. We've traded TV time for family time, playing board games with the kids and interacting with each other. We don't regret it.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Point!

This is not the time and place for Matt to be putting another brother down. This is first and foremost a Christian board, and it is time to pray, not demean another. Great point jaigner!

I have to ask the Matt's on this board:

WWJD?

#29 righteousdude2, Dec 22, 2011
  10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Where exactly did I put him down Dude? Could you point that out for me? Or were you just reading my post through your "Dude always gets his feelings hurt and figures everyone else does as well" pair of glasses?

I reiterate that if all he wanted was prayer, there's a forum for that. All he had to do was post there and that's all he would have gotten. Instead, he posted in the debate forum and made it political with his own statements.

Oh, where's your prayer for him Dude? Instead of praying for him, or typing something supportive to him, you've decided to simply attempt and put me down (when you say this isn't the time or the place to put a brother down).

#30 matt wade, Dec 22, 2011
  11. marke

marke New Member

Now look at what the girls started for not getting their clothes on straight before going out. I am sympathetic toward those who have lost jobs and encourage everyone to pray for their daily bread. Just 3 months ago I was out of work and I am not sitting prety now, financially, but I have never worked a union job and the Lord has kept me fed (never with any savings in the bank - ever- and rarely more than one week's pay in the checking account.) But I thank God He has given priceless gifts to the poor who look to Him for everything, like a chick in the nest with its open mouth turned heavenward for food from above.

#31 marke, Dec 22, 2011
  12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It also makes no sense dealing with politics. One guy who was held back by 4 employees one day from slugging someone kept his job. He is the son of a favorite employee and can be more laxed on job performance. Typically fighting is instant termination, but that depends on the employee. I have seen temps get fired on the spot for fighting, and favored full time employees keep their job.

Also the OPM son kept his job. He is very lazy, but as a son of the OP Manager he can do that.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A reminder to all - keep your conversation "Christ-like".

We can contend without being contentious. Or rude. Or in-your-face. Whether this is a "debate" forum or not, kindness is never out of style.

BTW, I'm making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out . .

14. North Carolina Tentmaker

I am praying for you evangelist, right now, slipped in you too AIC.

I hear the anger and frustration in the union comments and the cronyism (is that a word? You know what I mean anyway).

I have seen it all in many places and been there before. I was fired in 2001, due to a conflict with one of the owner’s sons. They tried to block my unemployment saying I was fired for cause but after a hearing I got my unemployment. Turns out they have to actually document and show cause.

Anyway, that time I was out of work for six months. I know how hard it is. I know how it feels to say “God has a better plan” when that voice inside is screaming at you that no he doesn’t and your doomed. I am still paying off credit cards I ran up that time.

I won’t tell you it will just all be all right, but hang in there. I have seen the wolves circle. Been laid off, downsized, had plants close and the time I was fired. I have lost a job just about any way you can. Yet here I still am. All they can take away is the stuff.

Take a couple weeks to regroup, and then start your new career. Until you find it ,your full time job is looking for work. Spend 40+ hours a week working on it. Some of my times of unemployment were rather quick. One I applied for over 250 jobs before I found one. The job search is a humiliating series of disappointments and rejections, until you find that next job where God wants you.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I've "been there, done that"----except in the church scene-----I walked away from too many problems that just were not worth it to be around

I sympathize with you------hang in there and we pray for you!!

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I so so much want to do some open air preaching against some of these executives. Because I do a bit of open air preaching on the streets and tract evangelism, it is very possible that I may have ticked off one of the clients of the corporation I work with. I cant say for sure.

I have twice been through the Way of the Master basic training course, I have heard over 75 hours of Way of the Master radio podcast and I can take on anyone. Oh how much I want to open air!!!!

#36 evangelist6589, Dec 22, 2011
  17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Appreciate it. I need to finish reading the Coming Economic Armageddon and be prepared for what is about to come next, and what is happening today.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah the Coming Economic Armageddon is being fulfilled.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate this very much friend.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is possible that I may be in ignorance on my view on Unions. Having never worked with one all I have is the feedback I get. I have had some tell me great stories about unions. But most of the time this is not the case.