1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gov Palin is definately pro-life

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ajg1959, Aug 29, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I did not mean this as a personal endorsement of abortion. In other postings I have stated that I do not like women having abortions.

My reasons for wanting a pro-choice candidate is because I believe this is the only way that McCain can be defeated, which I think is very important. Another important reason I don't think it matters is because for years the Republican Party had done almost nothing to stop abortion. I don't think this will change; I think they use it as a carrot to keep Christians voting for their candidate. In the end I don't think it matters which party is in control of the White House as far as abortion is concerned.

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Maybe this is the dividing line between us.

I DO have a priority list. Biblical doctrine comes first and foremost, then the other issues. If they support unbiblical policies, then they are out in my opinion.

All the other stuff is just opinion....the Bible's teachings come first, then man's opinion.

You can put your beliefs in any priority you want to, but for me, I follow the bible first...and then opinions.

AJ

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably so. And I don't really see how our differing methods are reconcilable. Our use of different methods in deciding how to vote doesn't make either of us "ungodly".

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In reality you are putting your interpretation of scripture first. To a certain extent we all do that ... some to a greater degree than others. None of us has perfect understanding, thus all of us are prone to mistakes.