1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Government Workers and Union Members Get Special Favors

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jan 14, 2010.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

According to the exemptions listed in the wire story most any business with two or more employees could form a voluntary employee association and devise an exempt program. I suppose one could form a non-profit for the purpose of negotiating for insurance plans . . . and make big bucks.

2. targus

targus New Member

It is based on your words and the little thumbs up icon that you put at the end to emphasize your argeement with taxing health insurance to force people into the government healthscare scam.

Actually by advocating taxing my health insurance you are doing something to me. And advocating using the power of the governement to do it to boot.

3. targus

targus New Member

"...and make big bucks."

And what will that do to the cost of health insurance?

I thought that the supposed goal was to lower the cost of health insurance.

Not create new layers of costly bureaucracy.

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to learn to read, there is nothing in the post to indicate I hold what you accuse me of.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

The problem is that most people don't have health INSURANCE! They are paying for a pre-paid medical service that doesn't meet any of the traditional requirements for issuing an insurance policy.

How much would car insurance cost if the insurance company had to pay for routine oil changes?

6. targus

targus New Member

Well we have the unions to thank for that now don't we?

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Yep, that and organized crime.

Wait...my bad, they're synonymous.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Whether a man makes "big" or "little" bucks does not entitle him to take another man's earnings to pay for his own benefits. We've gotten into the habit of thinking we have to provide everyone the same comforts because it's "fair" and in the process we endorse theft by the force of law for selfish gain.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

>Well we have the unions to thank for that now don't we?

Well, thank the unions for the Cad plan which worked up till now. If it no longer works then the unions should negotiate a reduced major medical plan for new hires.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Union workers should not receive any special favor in any tax laws just because they are union workers. The collective bargaining was with their employer - not the government. They're entitled only to what is agreed to by contract with their employers.

This will be the second big hand out to big labor unions. The first was the part ownership in Government Motors and the preservation of their pension benefits whilst non-union workers went out the door and lost their pension benefits. The government - Obama's goons - negotiated this deal with them in exchange for their support - votes to keep them in office.

11. targus

targus New Member

Yes, very brave position for you to take now that you are retired from your union job.

Liberals tend to have the "I've got mine" attitude and are very quick to decide what is best for everyone else.

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Why...haven't you destroyed enough businesses already?

13. billwald

billwald New Member

>Yes, very brave position for you to take now that you are retired from your union job.

It was something I fell into. Nothing I had planned for. All I ever wanted was job security and enough to pay my blue collar working class bills. I been a coward all my life . . . never wanted to work for myself or to claw my way up any food chain. It never bothered me to pay union dues.

You freedom loving people who want to be independent, to work yourselves, who don't want to co-operate with others for you mutual benefit . . . if it worked out for you . . . good for you. You worked for and worried for every cent.

But if it didn't work out . . . you are smarter, braver, harder working and more freedom loving than I am . . . what can I say to you?

But St James wrote:

2: 5 Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6But you have insulted the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7Are they not the ones who are slandering the noble name of him to whom you belong?

IS IT NOT the rich who are exploiting you?????

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow, that's new. I've never heard the Bible used to justify unions.

Of course, I wonder what Bible verse the union goons that slashed my tires used...

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible can be used to "justify" absolutely anything.

Ask the devil.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Good idea.

He's probably union, anyway. :eek: :laugh:

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No doubt. :thumbs:

18. targus

targus New Member

Very sad commentary.

19. billwald

billwald New Member

Truth, I feel sorry for you folks who want to be the richest guy in the graveyard.

20. targus

targus New Member

People with money can help those in need.

Those who strive to be nothing more than average have far less to offer others.