1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gov't officials investigated for sex, gifts

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Sep 10, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON - Government officials handling billions of dollars in oil royalties partied, had sex with and accepted golf and ski outings from employees of energy companies they were dealing with, federal investigators said Wednesday.

The alleged transgressions involve 13 former and current Interior Department employees in Denver and Washington. Their alleged improprieties include rigging contracts, working part-time as private oil consultants, and having sexual relationships with — and accepting golf and ski trips and dinners from — oil company employees, according to three reports released Wednesday by the Interior Department's inspector general.

FULL ARTICLE.

Think I'll include this article in the "Was Bush A Fascist" thread down in the politics forum. It looks like another fine example of corporatism. The merger of corporate and government power. Not to mention rampant corruption and cronyism which are themselves characteristic of fascism.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

THere's a joke here about the government, Oil companies, and the consumer.

But I'd be reprimanded for writing it.

Two things can be for sure, though:

1. It sure would be funny.
    2. The fact that I brought it up, and you all thought of it yourself, makes you culpable. Gotcha.

:D