1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those interested in a MA/Ministry degree via distance education...

Grace Theological Seminary offers a 32hr Masters of Ministry degree via distance learning (audio, video, internet, etc). Two week long modules on campus are required (sort of standard). The two on campus courses are: Counseling in the local church and Leadership in the local church. The other courses are:

Systematic Theology I and II
    Hermeneutics
    Understanding the Old Testament
    Survey of Church History
    Philosophy of Ministry
    Gospels/Life of Christ
    Two on campus courses
    Elective

This "program was designed to meet the needs of students wanting to receive a master's level education but challenged by the inability to come to Grace Seminary for training...While Grace SEminary believes that the optimum training for the senior pastorate is the Master of Divinity degree, the Master of Ministry does yield a better prepared servant for the local church" (from their MA Brochure).

Visit Grace Theological Seminary website.

Grace is fully accredited.

I do not attend Grace, but after reading through their catalog (and word of mouth) I think this may be a good program for those interested.

In Christ,
    Martin.

2. European

European New Member

I want to know if you think about this degree, is a good help for me to start for a seminary degree. And do you think all of these credits will be accepted in a accredited MDiv degree (other than Grace Theological Seminary) ...\

I saw many interventions from you, I don't know if you know about BD from Europe is the same as MDiv form USA.

Marius.

3. European

European New Member

What do you think about Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary, www.csbs.ca ?

4. European

European New Member

And I want to ask you if there are some scholarships from overseas students with Liberty Theological Seminary? I understand you are student with Liberty.

I'm form Eastern Europe, but I'll work from next week for a minimum one year in Manchester, UK.

Marius.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The courses listed are basic undergraduate courses for any decent Christian college.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know a man who interviewed there for a faculty position and was quite impressed.

7. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

I agree, those courses are similar to those that I took as underdraduate in new Orleans seminary. It is true that some seminaries will do the basic courses again in the master's program but go much deeper. Seems like a good school to me.

8. European

European New Member

9. European

European New Member

I want to start to work for a degree (I studied in the past many individual courses with different seminaries or missions from Eastern Europe).
    Is hard to compare european system with american system. I want to know if a BD from Uk is the same with MDiv or with BA.

Unfortunetly majority of the schools from Europe are liberal, and I look for a strong evangelical school who belief in inerancy of the Scripture.
    And american schools are very expensive ..

European

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In answer to your question, yes an M.Div. is the equivalent of a 5/6 year BD.

11. European

European New Member

Thanks for your answer.

European

12. European

European New Member

Thank you for your answer, but i'm still confusing a little bit, because, In UK, conditions for aplying to BD is high school and not a bachelor, I have a bachelor degree, but I start to work for a BD in UK, and i want to know exactly if i want to continue my studies in USA, where I'm eligible. In the same school (Spurgeon's College, London) they have a MTh (which will be 1 year full time) before a PhD.

Do you really think it will be possible to continue my studies in ThM in USA after my BD in UK?

European