1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Great Fundamental Leaders of today

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by bapmom, Jul 1, 2006.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I thought it would be nice to have a list of good men we can pretty much rely on to be good leadership. Who do you think of as men alive today (or recently alive) who we can look up to?
    Im not necessarily meaning only men who are famous, though they are included as well, but also men who have touched us personally in some way.

Of course, John R. Rice and Bob Jones Sr.....though not alive today. They are still household names and their sermons or books are still readily available, so their ministries live on. Rice's books shaped much of what I believe today, and the same with Bob Jones, Sr.

Dean Noonan - my pastor - he does a great job of guiding our church. He's a very practical, down-to-earth preacher who obviously cares.

Al Lacy - evangelist/author - good preachin', and as an author he has not compromised his beliefs.

this is just to get things started.........

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I appreciate your spirit and the idea bapmom, but some of the greatest fundamentalists alive today are struggling away on difficult foreign fields, or are firmly standing for the faith in small US churches.

Their names are never known to us, but I think many of them will hear the words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Sometime those who appear little to man appear great to God.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

That's very true C4K,

thats why I listed two men who most of you have probably never heard of. I guess I just wanted a place for us to give a little honor to those men who aren't well known, and maybe point out how they've been an example to us.

Plus the thread title looks better than "Top 3 most hateful....."

:saint: :thumbs:

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How true :thumbs:

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    S.M. Davis
    Johnny Pope
    Eric Capaci
    Jim Carroll
    Clyde Spain
    Dan Carr
    Steve Roberson
    Kenny Baldwin
    Sam Davison
    Gary Craft
    Scott Baker

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

There is some great choices here, I would agree with S.M. Davis, Pope, Davidson, and Baldwin.

I don't mean to get the thread off track but I had to laugh... if you put these guys in a room together they would make the WWF ('rasslin' guys) look like bosom buddies.:laugh:

7. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I can't say AMEN loud enough on Kenny Baldwin!!! Have you heard his message, "Shake It Off!" ? Best message I have heard as of yet!

I would have to add to the list...

Dr. Shelton Smith
    Bro. Greg Locke
    Dr. Tom Malone
    Dr. Lee Roberson

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

One of our members, John of Japan, must surely fit this list.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I googled and couldn't find it, do you have a link to this message? I would love to hear it.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I couldn't agree more. Far to often fundies are guilty of idolizing big names. They rise and fall on their "leadership". Give me the unknown missionary who laborers silently for God's glory in the far corners of the earth, or the pastor whom nobody knows, that is faithful in his duties over any college president, so called "big name" evangelist any day.

With that in mind I am going to submit to of our members here.
    You Roger; for faithfully serving on a very difficult mission field, despite the trials of labour you have faced. My prayers are with you.

And secondly I think of Dr. Bob, who is the teaching elder at a small Baptist church in Casper WY. He struggles with a life-threatening disease while contiue to serve his Lord.

God often uses the unkown and the unamed to effect great matters.

God bless you both and thank you for your example!

11. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful, friend, you'll cause me to lose my humility! And I really don't enough of it to lose any! ;) But thanks for the thought.

I nominate Dr. Fred Moritz, our BWM director. He has written good and scholarly books on fundamentalism, loves us missionaries from his heart, and has overseen the growth of the board by maybe 500% since I joined in 1977!

I also heartily second the nomination of Dr. Lee Roberson, still preaching in his 90's after all of these years of leading the Southwide Baptist Fellowship folks and us Temple grads. I even used him in an illustration in today's message. Looking through an old journal, I saw where he had visited me in the hospital when I had surgery while a student at Temple. As I recall, any student who went in the hospital got a pastoral visit from him. Then afterwards, when I was hobbling around on crutches, he opened the door for me once. He is the epitomy of Christian graciousness!

On the other hand, look out if you are around him and don't love the Lord. As a young preacher he once witnessed to an atheist who said, "I don't believe any of that Bible at all." Dr. Roberson grabbed the atheist's nose and twisted it until the blood came out, and then quoted Prov. 30:33,
    "The wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood!" :laugh:

P. S. Good, positive thread, bapmom.

12. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

If you PM me your mailing address I would be happy to send a copy to you. Bro. Baldwin preached this message at Bro. Greg Locke's Fire For the Future Conference this year.

13. ehaase

ehaase New Member

I think David Cloud is a great fundamental leader for today. I think his Way of Life website has a lot of influence. It blesses me, anyway.

14. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

I would have to say a Pastor in Deland Florida by the name of James W. Knox. He has greatly influenced my life and many people around the world. He has a great tape/book ministry which sends the gospel and solid Bible teaching all around the world. He is my favorite.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thumbs up to all three points!

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Thanks, I sure appreciate this offer... PM is sent.

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Al Lacy is a great author! I had no idea he was an evangelist too. I need to go read the back of some books :tongue3:

18. bapmom

bapmom New Member

:laugh: yup, author is actually his hobby and it's blossomed. He's begun writing alot more along with his wife, now, too.

Im glad we can enjoy a positive thread here, too. :)

19. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Robert Schuller.... HOORAY!!! :praise:

20. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek: :eek:
    Was HE a Fundamentalist??? :laugh: