1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Great White Throne Question

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by mozier, Jun 17, 2004.

1. mozier

mozier New Member

I had originally posted this question on the Theology board, but no one seems to have taken notice of it. Therefore, I am posting it here, in the hope that it may get out to a larger audience:

I have been perplexed about one thing about the Great White Throne Judgment, and so I hope someone here can help.

I know that we will not be judged at this judgment, for this one is only for those not saved. Yet will we who are saved still be able to observe it? As witnesses, perhaps?

I would appreciate any insight on this.

mozier

2. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I have thought of this also. I believe that we will be there. There may be scripture to back this idea, but I'm still looking.

This may be a good thing or it could be a bad thing. A good thing to see those who denied Jesus, confess that He is God, but a bad thing because there will probably be alot of people and many we may know. [​IMG]

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 91:8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

4. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

How do you know that we won't be judged at the Great White Throne Judgement? Does it sasy that in the Bible?

5. Me2

Me2 New Member

everyone is judged for life is a process of change.
    judgement before God never ends until man reaches perfection..which is an eternal quest without end.

the GWT judgement is about the fate of Gods creation. God the father doeant "sit" there. it is the lord Jesus Christ. and the "sons of God" are his "body".
    in essence it is the "sons of God' who sit upon this throne as God acts through them.
    man judges himself by the righteousness of Christ.

the judgement..well if one understands the cross. then they will understand this judgement.
    It is Jesus who represented sinners on the cross as Jesus was judged by his Father. What was the verdict? well, he died..
    but he was resurrected clearly hinting at the fate of his judgement. and the fate of all sinners whom he represented before the cross and GWT judgement.

Jesus as representing any man stands before the GWT and is judged. his verdict as any who stands there should be?

justice without mercy,
    or justice with mercy ?

(for clearly we all have failed at following the justice of Gods law.)

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I have not studied eschatology in seminary yet (I'm saving it for last ;) ) but I have Charles Ryrie's Basic Theology which covers all the endtime views. I think he's a pre-tribber himself.

He says that the Bible only mentions one group at the Great White Throne -- the dead (whereas Matt 25.35-40 has 2 groups). He states there are various judgments (I am not arguing these, just presenting them here for info):

1. Judgment of believers' works for rewards (several passages cited such as 1 Cor 3.10-15; 2 Cor 5.10). Will be between rapture and 2nd coming.

2. Judgment of OT saints (Dan 12.1-3) although he says this may the resurrection and rewarding of Jwish believers in the Tribulation. Will be end of tribulation/2nd coming.

3. Judgment of saints in the tribulations period (Rev 20.4-6) who died during that time. Will be end of tribulation/2nd coming.

4. Judgment of Jewish survivors of the tribulation (Ez 20.34-38 and illustrated in Matt 15.1-30). Will be end of tribulation/2nd coming.

5. Judgement of Gentile survivors of the tribulation (Matt 25.31-46), predicted by Joel in Joel 3.2. Will be end of tribulation/2nd coming.

6. Judgment of Satan and fallen angels (Matt 25.41; Rev 20.10). Believers will be associated with the Lord in judging (1 Cor 6.3). Will be end of tribulation/2nd coming.

7. Judgment of the unsaved dead at the Great White Throne (Rev 20.11-15). Also see Jn 5.22, 27, 29. Will be end of millenium.

He has information written out under each of these categories explaining things. I just put down the categories he has. Will be end of millenium.

So, according to Ryrie (and some others), believers will have been judged for their work separately and earlier than the Great White Throne judgment.

He has a chart that shows all this, too.

7. mozier

mozier New Member

?????????? :confused:

StraightAndNarrow, how can you ask such a question?

I thought everyone knew that the Great White Throne Judgment is only for the unsaved. Apparently, I was wrong.

mozier