1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Haiti paying for Pact to the Devil

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Here is more info on the so-called pact with the devil:

http://barthsnotes.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/earthquake-blamed-on-haitis-pact-with-the-devil/

It's more complicated in its history than at first glance. There may have been some kind of religious pact, but not intentionally with the devil. Of course, it could have invited demonic influence, especially with voodoo being so widespread (interesting that another big disaster hit New Orleans, which has voodoo as well).

I am not saying this is why the earthquake happened; we really can't know, imo.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this is true, then you can call it whatever you choose, but it is, in fact, a pact with the devil.

I personally don't believe you have to have a "formal" meeting to make a pact with him; just ignore God and you have, intentional or not, conscious or not, made a pact with the devil.

I'm afraid that our nation is very close to doing this same thing.

If more of the ungodly are put into control by the citizen's vote next election, that just may be the point of no return. (Assuming we haven't already passed that point)

MARANATHA!!!

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I believe a pact with the devil, in a manner of speaking, was made in the Garden of Eden by Adam, our Federal head, and which needed the blood of the Lamb of Calvary to break and to redeem us from, I don't care if you're Calvinist, Arminian, Biblicist, just-plain-Christian, or whatever.
    Haitians, Filipinos, and other poor countries need not have had done a pact with the devil, he already owns them if they're outside of the blood of Christ, and earthquakes, cyclones, hurricanes, tidal waves, volcanic eruption, tornadoes, and the like are simply manifestations of a once beautiful creation devastated by corruption and sin.
    Pat Robertson doesn't even know His Bible, I daresay.