1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Half English/Half Spanish TV Commercials Go Mainstream

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you couldn't answer and then say this? The Sadducees used such tactics.... I didn't relies your so godly.:rolleyes: Now instead of trying to trick me why not be honest in a question next time and answer too.

#81 Jedi Knight, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And another example of why threads go south around here. This type of assumptions about someone's motives is unnecessary.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't think there is an answer to that, Jedi. If I build a border and pronounce everyone in it illegal, did the people on the side of the border I created really commit a crime?

Have you considered that something being illegal does not make it wrong? There are many cases where someone may be here and it's illegal, but it does not make it wrong, just as doing wrong things doesn't mean you're doing something illegal. Have you ever considered the dilemma of paying taxes? Our tax money pays for abortions, yet we faithfully pay our taxes. It's sickening, and just more cause to be more involved in politics and who we vote for.

But no, there is no clear cut yes or not to what He would do. I would like to think that nobody would be standing there with a gun ready to shoot him down in cold blood and call it self defense...that instead, there would be welcoming arms and food and drink placed in front of him, a genuine interest in helping a fellow human find his way.

Anyone that wanders here is seeking something. I wonder how much different it would be if we shared the land instead of living in fear that there wasn't enough for everyone. Maybe if we weren't all so reliant on the government for everything, there would be enough. Hrm.

What do you think?

4. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

How about if someone just wanders into your house....are they welcome to seek for something?

#84 Jedi Knight, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  5. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Gina do you want to have an intelligent conversation? This is a deal breaker........way off and totally wacko!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is common among open borer proponents.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

How is it totally off? You have been likening speaking Spanish to being illegal and have brought up illegal immigration multiple times in the last week, and have you not defended armed border patrols in the past?

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Armed border patrols do not shoot illegal immigrants. Your scenario of a border guard shooting Jesus who happened to "wander" into the US is ludicrous. Sheesh!

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I agree. It is a pretty ludicrous concept.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina, you are usually pretty rational in your arguments.
    On this thread you seem to be taking a cue from the liberals by misquoting what was actually written.
    It's as if this an unusually personal & emotional concern for you.
    Hope you get back on solid ground quickly.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be Hay Zoose :laugh:

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some of you need to pull down your skirts a bit, your racism is showing.

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I thought the method would be obvious without stating it. *sigh* I was using what is going on with some exaggeration and a slight appeal to ridicule to show how silly the original insinuations are that have been suggested by Jedi and others over the course of multiple threads.
    Bi-lingual commercials do not mean there is a conspiracy set up for illegal people from Mexico to take over the world. (and did anyone watch the link about La Raza that was put up? :laugh: )
    Unfortunately, nobody seems able to actually focus on the concept of a bigger picture, just on tiny details that change nothing. For example, what happens if you get rid of those bi-lingual commercials? Do you get rid of the basis of your fear that prompted you to not want the commercials in the first place? Nope. You have to address those and while everyone seems willing to hint at those fears, nobody wants to really discuss what to do, they just want to avoid it and "win" their point that bi-lingual commercials are somehow bad.
    Then what?

Like always, it's back to people saying something intensely bugs them, postulating that the government is somehow evil and allowing evil things, but there's nothing they plan to do about it. Just sit here and slam their country and not do anything and blame how bad it is on everyone else. In this case, it seems to be people who speak Spanish, and that's what really annoyed me because it's so blatantly rude and wrong.

14. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I think rude and annoying is to accuse me "and others" of not joining the "open border gang" POV and if we don't like the consequences of lawlessness we are "racist,"rude",ect. BTW my wife is fluent in 3 languages INCLUDING Spanish......put that in you book!

#94 Jedi Knight, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again, asserting the reasons corporations advertise bilingually is because of illegal immigrants. You have been shown that illegal Hispanics only make up 13% of all Hispanics living in America and most of those do not have disposable income to buy the advertised products. So clearly these companies are trying to reach legal Americans that have money.

I do not understand why someone would object to a bilingual TV commercial.

16. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Bologna! That's not EspaƱola BTW.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

So bilingual commercials are the result of lawlessness. Wow.

What does your wife's ability to speak other languages have to do with whether you are being ridiculous or not about bilingual commercials?

18. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I'm ridiculous? :laugh: Nice try with the "exaggeration" excuse too. :rolleyes: Waiter, the check, please!

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Okay Jedi, I've been poking you with a stick a bit much. I'll tip the waiter on the way out.

But...you're being ridiculous! :p (please tell me you have a sense of humor...)

20. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    removed by pinoybaptist...
    link not working ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.