1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Halliburton secretly doing business with key member of Iran's nuclear team

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Aug 9, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

August 6, 2005— Scandal-plagued Halliburton, the oil services company once headed by Vice President Dick Cheney, was secretly working with one of Iran's top nuclear program officials on natural gas related projects and, allegedly, selling the official's oil development company key components for a nuclear reactor, according to Halliburton sources with intimate knowledge into both companies' business dealings.

Just last week a National Security Council report said Iran was a decade away from acquiring a nuclear bomb. That time frame could arguably have been significantly longer if Halliburton, which just reported a 284 percent increase in its fourth quarter profits due to its Iraq reconstruction contracts, was not actively providing the Iranian government with the financial means to build a nuclear weapon.

Now comes word that Halliburton, which has a long history of flouting U.S. law by conducting business with countries the Bush administration said have ties to terrorism, was working with Cyrus Nasseri, the vice chairman of Oriental Oil Kish, one of Iran's largest private oil companies, on oil development projects in Tehran. Nasseri is also a key member of Iran's nuclear development team.

"Nasseri, a senior Iranian diplomat negotiating with Europe over Iran's controversial nuclear program is at the heart of deals with US energy companies to develop the country's oil industry," the Financial Times reported.

Nasseri was interrogated by Iranian authorities in late July for allegedly providing Halliburton with Iran's nuclear secrets and accepting as much as $1 million in bribes from Halliburton, according to Iranian government officials.

More At Source

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article:

"It's unclear whether Halliburton was privy to Iran's nuclear activities."

Glad to hear this.

"Halliburton announced the South Pars gas field project in Tehran would be its last project in Iran."

Until reforms take place in Iran I am glad to hear this, also.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Ken

Do you get the impression that poncho and the ASP are just on this forum to be obnoxious or to seriously discuss the issues?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ken

Do you get the impression that poncho and the ASP are just on this forum to be obnoxious or to seriously discuss the issues?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well, let me just quote one of your more memorable contributions to discussions here OldReg...

-------------------------------------------------
    originally posted by OldRegular

:D :D :D :D :D :D
    -------------------------------------------------

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

At least they generally do discuss the issues instead of launching nasty personal attacks.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It should be noted that the link in the OP is not a news story. It's a commentary written in journalistic narrative. It should not be confused with being a news article, only a commentary.

7. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

From 2000 debate on price of oil and gas

BUSH: It's an issue I know a lot about. I was a small oil person for a while in west Texas. This is an administration that's had no plan. And all of a sudden the results of having no plan have caught up with America. First and foremost we have to fully fund -- heat which is a way to help low income people in the east to pay for high fuel bills. We need an active exploration incentive in America. We need to explore at home. You bet I want to open up a small part of Alaska. When that field is online it will produce one million barrels a day. Today we import one million barrels from Saddam Hussein. I would rather that a million come from our own hemisphere, have it come from our own country as opposed to Saddam Hussein. I want to develop the coal resources in America. Have clean coal technologies. We better start exploring it or otherwise we'll be in deep trouble in the future because of our dependency upon foreign sources of crude.

(My goodness I wonder what the price of oil and gas were when Saddam was in containment..curious)

OldRegular if only you could actually pay the price for Regualar ..in 1999.

for the record I do discuss the issues and you
    are free to discuss back that is why the BB is
    popular and is thriving it is not a confirmation
    board it does have legitimate debate and we do
    skirt the edges at times but overall it is good.

8. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

OldRegular, you old mule, what's ASP stand for? [​IMG]

Nothing new trading with the enemy, war is a racket. Western companies backed the Nazis and the Soviets in World War Two.

[ August 09, 2005, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: prophecynut ]

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

poncho I believe you misquoted me. It was really :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's a great plan:

www.setamericafree.org/blueprint.pdf

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member