1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has anyone read Anselm?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thinkingstuff, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was reading through the Proslogian and came accross the best discussion of living rightly.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read a bit from his work on "The Satisfaction of Christ", or some such title in translation. But no, I am not familiar with "Proslogian". You need to elaborate and tell us much more about it. My quess is that very few have read that piece.( Just a hunch).You need to think out loud, Thinkingstuff.

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Yes. Cur Deus Homo is a must read.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Anselm

What I was thinking was this: What do you think about his statement conserining right living? I thought it was kind of neat but I'll paraphrase it here:
    God being just in his justness must compensate Jesus for his sacrafice. However, what can God Jesus that Jesus does not already have? The Universe is his, his place in the trinity is his, all things already belong to him. So God give Jesus us. And not broken or sinful but sinless. Our honor to him by living rightly is God's gift to Jesus. I didn't quote him quite right but that's kind of the jist.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A sobering call to holy living, if ever there was one.