1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has KJVO caused any church splits?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by ktn4eg, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So Luke did not give an accurate rendering? He seemed really committed to accuracy in Luke 1v1-4. In fact - verse 2 makes it clear that he heard this things from eyewitnesses.

You are saying Luke got it wrong?

#41 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  2. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Are you saying the Jews refused to write the N.T. in Hebrew because they gave authority over their God given tongue to the Romans?

A sponge has many holes in it, but God put them there for the purpose of the function of the creation. Your line of reason has holes in it but for what purpose?

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

HG, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

4. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Luke spoke from his perspective as inspired by the Holy Spirit.

His words are accurate not a facsimile. he was not an eyewitness but a witness.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I said nothing of the sort. (Which you very well know, but why be confused with facts?) However, I am pretty sure the Holy Spirit was present, who led Luke (assuming this is actually Luke writing the Gospel of Luke, since the human author of none of the Gospels is not actually stated in Scripture) to pen the actual words found. (II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:16-21) You might also note that the passage in II Peter tells us that the Scriptures are more trustworthy than Peter's own eye-witness testimony.
    It appears I have dealt with the facts, as given in the Scriptures. It also appears that you have dismissed the role of the Holy Spirit in this.

Ed

#45 EdSutton, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I said nothing of the sort. (Which you very well know, but why be confused with facts?) However, I am pretty sure the Holy Spirit was present, who led Luke (assuming this is actually Luke writing the Gospel of Luke, since the human author of none of the Gospels is not actually stated in Scripture) to pen the actual words found. (II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1: 16-21)
    It appears I have dealt with the facts, as given in the Scriptures. It also appears that you have dismissed the role of the Holy Spirit in this.

Ed

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Another thread dragged totally off topic and therefore closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.