1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Hate on the increase

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Christians all over the world experience hate when they are taking the gospel to the lost. The hate is stronger in some areas than in others but it hate all the same. Peter encouraged the believers to understand what it is and what it means to suffer from it.

It is not as strong in the US as it is in other areas of the world. I certainly saw it first hand in India and Israel. But neither do we want to just sit idley by and let it grow more and more. This country was founded on the right to speak against it. And to stand strong in the face of it. And that is what we as Christians should do.

Do not let anyone tell you that as a Christian we need to just sit down and shut up. If we do the gospel will be squelched and our rights as Christians will be lost. There is no biblical mandate to allow ourselves to be silenced.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I would like to get your opinion of something I have noticed over the years. It usually involves a local election, and usually the subject is making a district wet from dry, or allowing a new form of gambling. It seems when a group of churches, including ours, takes an active role in the campaign, the harder we try, the more the opposition reacts. We have lost several times. My question is, do you think we are doing more harm than good by making an issue of it? In other words, would it be more likely something like that could be defeated by staying low keyed?

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know from experience that with stuff like that there are always back room meetings, politics, and large amounts of money involved. Political ground games are launched and money exchanges hands.

How is saying nothing going to defeat anything? But the church has got to work to be an influence in the community in other ways as well. For example:

How about that single mother who has three kids who spends far to many evenings at the laundry mat because she does not own a washer and dryer. Why can't the church take her one, expecting nothing in return, but only to minister to her so she can spend more evenings at home with here kids helping them with their homework.

Or how about that elderly couple who's children have moved away and they can no longer take care of their house themselves. Why can't the church show up and mow the yard and mend the roof, expecting nothing in return not even to show up to church, but only have the goal to minister to them.

We have got to be business owners and counsel members and part of the communities. We can't just oppose those things. We need to be an influence in many ways not just one.

#23 Revmitchell, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

We have never said nothing. I just notice that the more intense the campaign, the more the opposition organizes. I am just asking if you think that contributes to a loss. We have always been involved in issues like this, even out of the local community at times.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See my amended post

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have you heard of the facebook page that has the deal that Virgin mary should have aborted Jesus?

7. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No but if you know of such a page you should report it as hate speech to get it shut down.

8. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I don't see any hate in the trailer. I see ignorance. I see people trying to make money. I see making light of a serious manner in an inappropriate way. But I do not see hate.