1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have a good apple pie filling recipe?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by abcgrad94, Sep 5, 2008.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to can some apple pie filling and have never done it before. Anybody have a good tried and true recipe? I've found several with google, but would rather see what you all like before trying it.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Wish I could help, but I've never been successful at making fruit pies. I'm sure someone on here does though.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

My apple pie's are the BEST! :)

I don't can apples, I freeze them. All I add is the sugar and cinnamon. The rest of the ingredients, I add when I take them out of the freezer to bake them. Tastes like they came right off the tree!

4. palagislandgirl

palagislandgirl New Member

Have a good apple pie recipe?

That's was always what my mom did as well when we had an apple tree. She said that was the way she liked it.
    :godisgood:

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, do I just peel and freeze? No blanching or anything?

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Just core, peel, and slice. Then add the amount of apples, sugar and cinnamon for one pie, stir and put in quart Zip Lock bag (or whatever you're using).

It doesn't matter if the apples turn brown (though mine usually don't) because they turn brown when you bake them anyway...

When I want a pie, I just thaw out one of the quart bags, add the rest of my ingredients, and bake! Yummmmmmmm!