1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have the "gifts of the spirit" ceased?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Rosell, May 13, 2004.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Amen Tam! [​IMG]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    As I re-read a few of the post on this topic I got to thinking about how after Jesus was crucified and was risen.... remember the soldiers were bribed by the cheif priest and the elders to say that Jesus deciples taken Him away, (Matt.27:11-15) but still after all these years some people still believe...same goes with the bible, people have tried to stop the Word from speading, but to no avail, because the bible is the book that has been the most copied and printed in the world, also in all kinds of different languages because.... some people still believe. But when we get to the gifts of the Spirit, some have trouble grasping it? People have been tring to disprove the gifts but as anyone can see here that still after the name calling and the heated discussions..... some people still believe. [​IMG]

Music4Him [​IMG]

2. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

May I make a suggestion. This whole issue of the apiritual gifts is quite fascinating to me. However, I don't have the opportunity to browse the web that much and I miss a lot of these posts. I don't really want to read 21+ pages of replies. Woound it be possible for a panel discussion with just a few people posting. Maybe Briguy, DHK, and a few others can discuss the cessationist point of view while MEE, tamborine lady, and a few others can discuss the charismatic point of view. A second thread could be opened so the rest of us can post our reponses to the panel discussion.

Humbly in Christ,

ChurchBoy

3. atestring

atestring New Member

I am glad that my name is not in the mix because I travel as a salesman and do not have a computer on the road.
    I would suggest that a panel should not use internet links.
    It is better for people to "think for themselves" rather than being programmed by the internet.
    listing links seems to be an avenue taken to be evasive. It is a form of " political correctness" that assumes that it is correct when it can be off base but accepted because It is on the internet.BTW who wants to answer 5 pages of these people that quote each other and try to sound as if they originate statements. Their definition of originality = forgetting ones source. ( I personally stole that one but I am admitting it).

4. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

I apologize for the typos. I usually check my spelling before adding a reply, but I was in a hurry. [​IMG]

5. atestring

atestring New Member

BTW I do see where links are good but when they are used to be evasive or to assume that people are expected to agree with them then that is lazy reasoning.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ChurchBoy:
    May I make a suggestion. This whole issue of the apiritual gifts is quite fascinating to me. However, I don't have the opportunity to browse the web that much and I miss a lot of these posts. I don't really want to read 21+ pages of replies. Woound it be possible for a panel discussion with just a few people posting. Maybe Briguy, DHK, and a few others can discuss the cessationist point of view while MEE, tamborine lady, and a few others can discuss the charismatic point of view. A second thread could be opened so the rest of us can post our reponses to the panel discussion.

Humbly in Christ,

ChurchBoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ChurchBoy [​IMG]
    Hummmmmmmm [​IMG] I thought thats what we did with this thread? If there is a certian question you would like to know, why not ask...... I'm sure the debaters would have an opinion or something to say. :eek: But I don't think you will get just a few putting in their 2 cents worth. The best thing to do is to get a Strongs concordance and a bible out and search it out. But it is nice to debate it with others also to either confirm or disprove ones belief on whether the gifts are still here today.

BTW, you can start a topic and see how it will go.

Music4Him [​IMG]