1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Headcovering..........veil or hair?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Wiedertaufen, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

2. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

No, a few of you want to shove YOUR beliefs down our throats. :mad:
    Diane
    </font>[/QUOTE]No one made you click into here and read these post.

3. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

This is the oppisite of what I've seen from most veiled women.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

And those sisters who wear veils also choose to obey God by having a modern symbol of authority. Some in modern culture do dress like harlots. But that doesn't mean the only alternative is wearing a veil. A woman can be perfectly godly without wearing a veil.

Then you are wearing it for the wrong reasons. Paul did not invoke "religion" as a basis for a headcovering. He invoked "authority." If you ask most people today what they think of when they see a woman wearing a veil, a great many will say "religion." Very few will say "She is obviously under authority." Paul's point is hte latter; your's appears to be the former.

I think the ire is from those who perceive that you think you are the only one who is godly. I repeat that women can be perfectly godly without wearing a veil. You do not have the authority to tell anyone else they have to wear one to be godly. In other words, it is all about attitude. The attitude that some of the women have in here about this topic is not a submissive attitude ... i.e., not the attitude of one under authority. They sometimes act is if they are the authority because they wear a veil. That kind of attitude undermines the teaching of 1 Cor 11.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Chapter and verse? </font>[/QUOTE]Reality. God didn't ask you to check your brain at the door. Look around. Realize that culture and doctrine are two different things. Veils are cultural symbols of authority. Just study history.

Please learn to use the quote function properly. It is hard to read posts when you don't.

6. Dina

Dina New Member

This is the oppisite of what I've seen from most veiled women. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]You're new aren't you?
    I have been trying to stay out of this one, but....well we know how that goes.

Those things that were done were not "outright" done. They were "inferred", but the implication was VERY clear. In fact, it was implied to me, to literally, shave my head. And ya know what?? I almost did!!! But not for the reasons that were listed because of twisted scripture, but because it was something that I kinda always wanted to do anyway, and I finally had an *excuse*.
    But, alas, my daughter and I made an agreement to have the same hairstyle, so I still have my "bob"

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

You agreed to the Posting Rules when you joined. They are also linked at the bottom of this page.

Wiedertaufen, since you do not consider yourself Baptist and do not attend a Baptist church, why are you posting in Baptist only forums?
    Diane

8. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

9. Headcoveredlady

And those sisters who wear veils also choose to obey God by having a modern symbol of authority. Some in modern culture do dress like harlots. But that doesn't mean the only alternative is wearing a veil. A woman can be perfectly godly without wearing a veil.

Then you are wearing it for the wrong reasons. Paul did not invoke "religion" as a basis for a headcovering. He invoked "authority." If you ask most people today what they think of when they see a woman wearing a veil, a great many will say "religion." Very few will say "She is obviously under authority." Paul's point is hte latter; your's appears to be the former.

I think the ire is from those who perceive that you think you are the only one who is godly. I repeat that women can be perfectly godly without wearing a veil. You do not have the authority to tell anyone else they have to wear one to be godly. In other words, it is all about attitude. The attitude that some of the women have in here about this topic is not a submissive attitude ... i.e., not the attitude of one under authority. They sometimes act is if they are the authority because they wear a veil. That kind of attitude undermines the teaching of 1 Cor 11.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Since you seem to be very calm about discussing this I am reading all of your posts with interest.

I have met many godly women who do not veil. I hope though that all godly women will eventually veil.

My intent is to exhort the sisters on this issue. The Bible is my authority and I rest upon it. It teaches women to veil.

If I might clarify myself by saying I DO NOT WEAR IT FOR RELIGOUS REASONS. I will repeat what I said, "The unsaved who ask me about it feel it is for religious reasons." That is how unsaved people have asked me in the past. I always give them two tracts one on salvation one on headcovering.

I wear the veil for one reason, it is taught in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 11:1-15. That is my sole reason for wearing it. Yes, there are added benefits and blessings, but my sole purpose is found in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16.

That is a good point. I will repeat I would love to see more sisters veil, that is my intention. If your wife is submissive that is great. It sounds like she does not veil, is that right? I hope she is teaching all the younger women to follow the Word as she does.

10. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

Diane [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]The name of my church is King James BAPTIST church. And it also said, BAPTISTIC. Nice try. [​IMG]

11. Headcoveredlady

Chapter and verse? </font>[/QUOTE]Reality. God didn't ask you to check your brain at the door. Look around. Realize that culture and doctrine are two different things. Veils are cultural symbols of authority. Just study history.

Please learn to use the quote function properly. It is hard to read posts when you don't.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Honestly my friend, have you studied the history of covered women? Could you please share your references? everything I found teaches that women removed the covering around the early 1900's. In a Baptist church I visited recently there was a picture up on the wall. It looked to be about the 1940's. All the ladies had hats on in the service.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

14. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

Proverbs 14:9 "Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour."

15. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

Proverbs 14:9 "Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour."

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

Well, sorry people. I never seen that rule. They can put on lock on this topic or throw me off the board, I'll be praising my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ all the while. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Why? Because you break the rules? You were suppose to read them and agree with them to join the BB. Joining meant you Had agreed with the rules

Your name is unusual, what does it mean?

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wieder, you asked why HCL would join a Baptist church when she is Anabaptist. You claim to be Anabaptist. If you, as an Anabaptist, would attend a Baptist church then why not HCL?

(Your homepage, your AIM sign on name... and the statement in your profile all say Anabaptist.)

Baptistic DOES NOT COUNT. Well, maybe in horseshoes.

Do a search for sodomite and lesbian if you'd like to see what some ladies who veil had to say about the rest of us who don't veil. The threads will be locked in the archives. :mad:

Diane

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

19. Wiedertaufen

Wiedertaufen New Member

No, it infers that there is something wrong with women who get so irate over this subject.

20. Dina

Dina New Member

Proverbs 14:9 "Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour." </font>[/QUOTE]Me? Mock sin? No. What you seem to be missing here is this. There are no degrees to Christianity. There is either saved or not saved. No degrees. No levels. No merit badges to put on a sash to show off.
    A few of the ladies here, have read the verses that have been presented over and over and over again and disagree with the interpretation. So what? Does that make them less of a Christian? Nope!!!