1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hell - Is it real?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by inpeace, Jun 28, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is this where you challenge Christ's statement that He "DESTROYS" both body AND soul in fiery Hell? (Matt 10:28)??

Or is this your way of saying you do not remember that BEFORE the LAKE OF FIRE - there is the SECOND RESURRECTION giving the lost BOTH Soul AND body?!!

OR is this where you say you did not read the post showing God's Word on the subject of fiery Hell and the Lake of Fire??

Hell is Lake of fire and is composed of “fire and brimstone” – “eternal fire”.

Eternal fire is what consumed Sodom and Gomorrah – they are exhibited as a perfect example of the “punishment of eternal fire”
    Sodom and Gomorrah were Destroyed by “fire and brimstone”. So eternal fire is composed of fire and brimstone and the “destruction” it causes is exhibited by Sodom and Gomorrah.

The Lake of Fire is composed of “fire and brimstone” (The ultimate exhibit of the “punishment of eternal fire”.) This is the “second death” which is the punishment for sin “The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life”

</font>[/QUOTE]Just in case you "missed the details" in scripture "Again".

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Death is ended.
    "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." (1 Cor. 15:26)

The Lake of FIRE IS the 2nd death Rev 20:18 – So it too ends.

The wicked are “consumed” they are “destroyted”.
    Rev 20:9 “Fire DEVOURED the wicked”
    Rev 11:18 “Destroy those who Destroy the earth”
    2Thess 1:9 The wicked pay the “penalty of eternal Destruction”

Ps 21:8-10 “devoured” – “Destroyed”
    </font>[/QUOTE]=======================================================

The wicked will “be no more”

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I can't remember the last time JohnP was right!! What has he finally stumbled on to?

You mean where Abraham is NOW in charge of all dead saints who are all sitting in his lap?

Or is this where we notice that the wicked in hell are praying directly to Abraham and asking favors?

Or is this where we notice that the POINT of that parable is that anyone who rejects the writings of Moses will also reject Christ?

In Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So how is it that the wicked are "NO MORE" and they have "BOTH BODY AND SOUL DESTROYED in Fiery Hell"?

Apparently there is not a lot of interest in that part of the Bible. But if you think of your loved ones ENDING instead of receiving "IMMORTALITY AND ETERNAL LIFE in the LAKE of FIRE" maybe it will help.

Because one thing IS for sure - Rev 14:10 you WILL BE there In THE PRESENCE of Christ to VIEW the entire spectacle -- however long it lasts!

IN Christ,

Bob

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Romance becomes you Diane.

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Abraham's bosom

Abraham's bosom - (Luke 16:22,23) refers to the custom of reclining on couches at table, which was prevalent among the Jews, an arrangement which brought the head of one person almost into the bosom of the one who sat or reclined above him. To "be in Abraham's bosom" thus meant to enjoy happiness and rest (Matt. 8:11; Luke 16:23) in the age to come.

Abraham's bosom was a Hebrew idiom for a place where the souls of the righteous dead would reside as they awaited the resurrection.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Hell is a real place.

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Originally posted by johnp.:

Hello Bob.

Then what does torment mean if the beings tormented are no longer being? Can a non-person, non-being, a person that does not exist be tormented? :cool:

john.

Your answer Bob is a strange answer. Let me put it this way if you don't mind:
    Then what does torment mean if the beings tormented are no longer being? Can a non-person, non-being, a person that does not exist be tormented? :cool:

No Bob I missed your answer to my question.

Annihilation you mean. You don't mean comsumed and destroyed but annihilated. And that word does not exist! :cool:
    Satan in ashes? How so? Can a spirit be turned into ashes?
    A simple straight forward story must be turned into something else or you will have to believe it. :cool:
    The verses do not say they rejected Moses but they did not listen! :cool:

john.

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    I'm sure God can make things cease to exist Wes but I never see it in scripture that this option is agreeable to Him.

He is not giving life to the reprobate but death forever dying.

john.

10. OCC

OCC Guest

Hell is as real as the headache resulting from John's endless "curse" question that has been answered. Very real...

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I'm sure God can make things cease to exist Wes but I never see it in scripture that this option is agreeable to Him.

He is not giving life to the reprobate but death forever dying.

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Our God is a God of economies, he is not a packrat, keeping and storing those things whose usefulness and value have ended. After all, He is a creator God, able to create new whenever new is needed. When the Lake of fire has served it's purpose He will make it cease to exist too!

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I meant to say that. "ALL the saints are reclining against Abraham - and he is at the head - in charge of all dead saints and even in charge of who may get raised from the dead to witness to the living".

Please note that in no case of the resurrections recorded in the OT or the Gospels do we find "Abraham involved" at all.

In Christ,

Bob

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    I think you over reach yourself Wes. He will say when the usefulness of people suffering an everlasting dying will end and He says when Hell frezzes over that is when it will end. By the way that is not scripture rather a colourful paraphrase.
    Creation was over after the six days. I don't think anything new is planned but rather a restoration. As you say, "Our God is a God of economies." Everything new will be by way of using what is already. I think.

john.

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    IN 2Peter 3 We are told that the EARTH and its contents will burn with intense heat - that even the ELEMENTS will MELT away. In Rev 21 we see the NEW EARTH is created.

Some may speculate against God's Word by saying "Well I don't think so" -- but the Word of God remains on this point.

In Christ,

Bob

15. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Bob.
    See! I told you so didn't I?
    What's the verse and what's the Greek? Does the Greek include the meaning: Annihilation?

Yes or no?

Hello KJ.
    That was only half the question wasn't it? You did not explain what it means that God cursed Jseus. :cool:

john.

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That was only half the question wasn't it? You did not explain what it means that God cursed Jseus. :cool:

john. </font>[/QUOTE]
    I guess John loves to see this same question of his get debunked "over and over and over again".

Funny thing is - I like seeing that same thing when it comes to JohnP debunked!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I suppose you could say "NEED" JohnP to stay the course!

In Christ,

Bob

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:Bob said
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ELEMENTS will MELT away.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh the sweet sounding howls and cries of Calvinism when confronted with Scripture! --

Does "World Mean World"?? Really??

Does "ALL" mean "ALL"??

Does "PASS AWAY" mean "PASS AWAY"??

Does "DESTROYED" mean "DESTROYED" even in GREEK? "Is there NO way we can wrench our way out of this??"

In Christ,

Bob

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course having posted that - I recall that JohnP will climb out on "any limb" and leap off any cliff in his "all-for-Calvinism" pursuit.

I can hardly wait 'till he thinks of a rabbit trail for that previous post!!

19. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Bob.
    There you go old boy not a long wait 'a'?
    I've told you that I have no intention of reading another chapter just for one verse.
    I didn't ask for refutations of my post I asked a question. That question was, "What does 'God cursed Jesus mean?" I think that was the question. What does it mean not a refutation of it but what does it mean? :cool:

Does "World Mean World"?? Really?? Planet you mean?
    Does "ALL" mean "ALL"?? Including Jesus of course. :cool: As in draw all men? Jesus included of course.
    Does "PASS AWAY" mean "PASS AWAY"??
    Where to? Nowhere?
    Does "DESTROYED" mean "DESTROYED" even in GREEK? "Is there NO way we can wrench our way out of this??"

You did not answer the question: What's the verse and what's the Greek? Does the Greek include the meaning: Annihilation? Just asking. :cool:

john.

20. OCC

OCC Guest

"That was only half the question wasn't it? You did not explain what it means that God cursed Jseus"

Hello John. I believe I did answer the question. It means that God cursed SIN and poured His wrath out on Jesus for us. That doesn't mean He hated Him though. Have you ever poured out wrath on someone you love?