1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HELL IS NOT LAKE OF FIRE

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by JohnBaskette, Oct 21, 2004.

1. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened,

As the Lord has said, it is IMPOSSIBLE for those who are saved, to fall to destruction. The Lord will keep them. Those who are saved, do sometimes fall, but the Lord will bring them to repentance, as they continue in their walk with the Lord. Those who are truly saved, FOLLOW their Lord. The Lord is able to keep them, and bring them to the perfect man (not perfect as Christ, but perfect in HIS WILL)through their faith, even the littlest of faith.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

2. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle, I hear so much about this faith, that I would like to have some of my own. According to the bible, just a small amount of it, like a grain of mustard seed, will allow me to tell a mountain to shove off, and it will do it! I would like to come by sometime to see this faith in action, if you could please tell me when is the next time you will exercise your faith in moving a mountain.

Then I suggest you turn to the person who said it and had it written for you, and that is God. It is HIM you need to ask, not me. Maybe reading Hebrews 11 will help you.

michelle

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

"Head knowledge" and "heart knowledge"? Now there are some objective terms. Can you explain them Biblically? (Hint, the Bible makes no such distinction.) This is just modern psycho-babel, Michelle. It comes from modern pop love songs, not the Bible.
    Knowledge is knowledge. Your heart is your inside, your inner man. (spirit and soul). Your head is your head. That is KJV.

lacy

4. michelle

michelle New Member

"Head knowledge" and "heart knowledge"? Now there are some objective terms. Can you explain them Biblically? (Hint, the Bible makes no such distinction.) This is just modern psycho-babel, Michelle. It comes from modern pop love songs, not the Bible.

Not so. Take a look:

Matthew 12

33. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
    34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
    35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
    36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
    37. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 13

13. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
    14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
    15. For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    16. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
    17. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
    18. Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

Matthew 15

Matthew 15

1. Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
    2. Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
    3. But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
    4. For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
    5. But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
    6. And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
    7. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
    8. This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    9. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men
    10. And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
    11. Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
    12. Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
    13. But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
    14. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch
    15. Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
    16. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
    17. Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
    18. But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
    19. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
    20. These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man

michelle

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Matthew 17:20
    And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

So are you saying that you cannot move mountains? But you have faith? True Christians have faith, right? Are you suggesting that this also only applys to Israel? This must be talking about true Christians... If you cannot move a mountain with your faith, how can it be true saving faith? Faith without works is dead, and Christ said if you had true faith, you could tell a mountain to move and it would. How do you expect me to believe you are truly a Christian? How could any of us be saved if faith results in works automatically, yet we cannot do the smallest thing Jesus says is possible if we have faith?

6. David M Walker

David M Walker New Member

Knowledge is knowledge. Your heart is your inside, your inner man. (spirit and soul). Your head is your head. That is KJV.

lacy
    ------------
    AMEN!

Now where have i heard this stuff before? ;)