1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hello everyone

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by BudoWarrior, Sep 16, 2004.

1. BudoWarrior

BudoWarrior New Member

hey All, I'm a Christian (haha i guess i wouldn't be here if i weren't), and a student of Theology and Philosophy, i love to study and talk about many topics with in those subjects, and learn as much as i can about them; other peoples views! In my classes at school there is almost always a debate or argument about calvinism Vs. other views (not only arminianism). and it interests me greatly! infact that is how i stumbled on this website, looking at information on calvins five points! as of right now i don't think i will give my evolving views on this topic... but i would like to say something that i have experienced, and should be stated and kept in the forefront of our minds while debating with eachother: we as Christians must remember that we are all Brothers and Sisters in Christ! and we are to love eachother more then we love ourselves. I'm sure this has been said before, but it is worth repeating! I say this to myself alot, because i can get hot headed at times... haha i mean a lot!!! (if i ever get angery at you, im apologizing now, and please show me my faults so i can correct them!). so i guess i just wanted to introduce myself and encourage my Brothers and Sisters here to remember to love.

Peace
    Ethan

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good points Ethan. The enthusiasm here (generally speaking) tries to avoid the ad hominem "you lousy....creep" approach, but now and then you can catch someone slipping up in that regard.

The thing that drives emotions is the fact that when you describe the Gospel of Christ, and the scope of the Gospel, the means and methods of grace you are unnavoidably describing the actions, justice and mercy of the God you believe in. What He does reflects on who He is. What we say He does reflects on who we think He is.

And when we see Nick describing a very different God than Bob it is easy to get "all enthused" so to speak.

In Christ,

Bob

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Enthusiasm first appeared in English in 1603 with the meaning “possession by a god.” The source of the word is the Greek enthousiasmos, which ultimately comes from the adjective entheos, “having the god within,” formed from en, “in, within,” and theos, “god.” Over time the meaning of enthusiasm became extended to “rapturous inspiration like that caused by a god” to “an overly confident or delusory belief that one is inspired by God,” to “ill-regulated religious fervor, religious extremism.

4. koreahog2005

koreahog2005 New Member

Welcome, Ethan. I'm a newcomer to this forum, also. I got the impression from your profile that you like "Lord of the Rings." My two sons love the books and movies.