1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hells best kept secret

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Reformer, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Reformer

Reformer New Member

I recently heard this sermon and it will completely change the way I witness to people, this guy (Ray Comfort) is very much on to something.
    I gave a copy of it to my Pastor yesterday mourning and told me it had been around since the 80's or so. (many of you have probably already heard this)He took it home and listened to it again (said he hadn't heard it in years) and thought is was so relevant he played it Sunday night for our "preaching" service. I have only known him to do that one other time.

The CD is introduced by Kirt Cameron, (I believe Living waters is one of his main ministries)

Ray Comfort and Kirt Cameron host the the show "The way of the Master" and have been commended by
    Franklin Gram
    D. James Kenedy
    Joni Eareckson Tada
    Josh McDowell
    David Jeremiah
    John MacArthur
    Ravi Zacharias
    David Wilkerson
    and a lot of other names but I'm getting tired of typing so that's enough.

OK you can listen to it here

http://www.livingwaters.com/learn/hellsbestkeptsecret.htm

Just click on the LISTEN thingy on the page. I highly recommend that you take an Hour (less acutely) out of your life and listen to this.

BD.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I second that motion.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think its presumptive to think 80% - 90% of those "making decisions" are going to hell. I like Ray Comfort, but this is not correct, IMO. I wonder if he holds to ME...

4. Servent

Servent Member

I first heard this about 8 years ago, I had just listen to it again today before your post. It changed the way I witness.

5. steveo

steveo New Member

I led our church through the way of the master study and it opened many eyes. I highly reccommend.

6. Reformer

Reformer New Member

I didn't know they had a study, thanks for that.:thumbs:

Off to find it now.

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The Statistics say that only about 15 to twenty percent of those who make a profession of faith, even go on believing in the Christian faith, much less actually continue to walk in it.

Ray is spot on the money with this. For example, I saw one study where nearly 90 percent of College graduates rejected their faith by the time they had left college. I know it's horrible, but it is the truth. "Decisionalism" is one of the prime causes of the decline of the modern church.

Edit: Also, scripture says "few" find life, while "many" find destruction...I don't know what "few" and "many" is, but it is certainly not 51/49....

#7 Havensdad, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'd have to see such statistics, how they got them, who was interviewed, what questions were asked, etc. Fact is, we don't know other people's hearts...only God does. To state such statistics as "fact" is very presumptious.

10. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I listen to 'Way of the Master' almost daily...

Along with Alistair Begg its one of the better programs out there in my opinion(whatever that's worth)..

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The fact of the matter is the Bible itself says "few will enter". "Decisionalism", with all it's trappings (altar calls with dramatic music, a man centered message that promises "happiness" rather than deliverance from sin, etc.) is DESTROYING the Church. It is not in the least biblical, and that alone is enough to abandon it's practice.

12. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

BTW, I will see if I can find the study. I do remember a couple of the questions were "Is Jesus the only way to God" and "Do you believe Jesus literally died for your sins", and there was also one regarding the Bible...

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The "few" are unbelievers, not necessarily those who once believed and have fallen away in a backslidden state. I lived that life for 20 years, and it's only by the grace of God I'm not dead.

14. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Where does the Bible use the word "backslidden"? Not saying that such a thing doesn't happen, just that we throw that word around too much.

A true believer perseveres in his faith, though He might fall into sin. "Backslidden" is not "I no longer believe Christ is the one and only Savior and son of God". Backslidden is "I still have faith in Christ, but have fallen into ___________." He who denies Christ before men, Christ will not acknowledge before the Father.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I can say a certain pastor who used to visit here but was banned for his post and run method (and has a church with lots of videos on youtube) was so pleased to say last week that a group went soulwinning and over 170 were saved! On their discussion board, someone asked how many of those end up going to his church and people started making fun of him. Turns out one showed up to church that week. Now, how many of those 170 were truly saved? They got them to say a prayer - not repent because "that's unbiblical and a heresy) but just pray like them. Then they're saved. Now there are atleast 169 people out there who said a prayer, I'm sure not all were sincere, and now feel that they are heaven-bound and have nothing to worry about. They don't need to now turn from their sin - they have no discipleship or follow-up. I went onto this other forum for another reason and decided to post while I had access and I was banned for asking about "making disciples" rather than "making people pray". Of course, I'm sure I'm now a heretic.

The idea of "decisional" stuff is so iffy. It's easy to raise your hand. It's easy to pray with the person who comes to the door because they won't leave until you do. But how about the broken heart that comes to Christ with nothing but it's brokenness?

I don't have a chance to listen to the message right now but I've heard of it. I"m going to try to make time this week. :)

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ephesians 4 among others. In the OT, Lot is a perfect example of someone living in this state, not just falling into sin. In the whole city, there was not 10 righteous people found. Hardly someone living a godly life, yet he was called both godly and righteous.
    The Bible also tells us (believers) that when we are faithless, He remains faithful.

17. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Nowhere in Ephesians 4 is the word "Backslidden" used, nor did Lot ever deny the existence of and sovereignty of the Lord.

In a modern sense, "Backslidden" is applied to people that have completely rejected their faith. Yet when the Bible speaks of such people, it talks of people who were never saved in the first place: people who were false from the beginning.

Praying a prayer, making a "decision" etc., does not save you. Only repentance and faith in Jesus Christ does that. And people who are saved WILL persevere in their faith until the end, though they may not persevere perfectly in their morality.

18. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Exactly. This is typical modern day methods and results. Funny that this methodology is not found ANYWHERE in the Bible.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Trinity is not found in the Bible, but the concept is also true.
    One can repent and have faith in Christ and still grieve the Holy Spirit, for many years in fact. The Bible says so. If a person dies in that state, they are still saved by grace through faith, or their continued faith is what saves them, which means salvation is dependant on man continuing to believe, what you stated as perseverance.
    What happens to the beleiver with alzheimers? With a brain injury? Who has been deceived by satan? I think you will be surprised by who you see in Heaven.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you questioning the methods God uses to bring sinners to himself?