1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hells best kept secret

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Reformer, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Not at all. I am questioning the method that ungodly and/or misguided men use to inoculate people to the Gospel.

If we are talking of GOD'S methods, we see clearly that His method is to bring about conviction upon the unbelievers heart, causing them to repent, and put there faith and trust in Him. That is at the opposite side of the spectrum from "tricking/coercing" people into saying a prayer.

I think you will be surprised who you DON'T see in Heaven....

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The difference is, that the "idea" of the Trinity is actually found in the scriptures, just not it's articulation in one place. The idea of a person being saved but denying His faith is directly REFUTED in scripture, in multiple places.

WILL Christ deny those before the Father, who deny Him before men, like He said, or was He lying?

WILL many say unto Him "Lord, Lord", on the last day, who are not saved, or was He lying?

Will those who "continue to the end" be saved?

Is it those who "hold fast" there confession that are a part of God's house?

Nearly EVERY single time the word "faith" is connected to the word "saved" or salvation (such as "by grace you are saved, through faith") either the verb connected to it (saved) is in the present tense (progressive; continuing action) or the word faith, in verb form, is present (continuing action) tense.

We are not saved by some one time emotional response. We are saved by an abiding trust and faith in Jesus Christ as our savior.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

At this point we seem to be talking past each other. Thanks for this discussion, Havensdad.

4. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, I visit everyday,sometimes 6-8 times a day and read the posts.

Webdog.. There is some things we don't agree on...BUT.. That is one of the most gracious bow outs I've seen yet. Bravo.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was necessary because this is a fellowship thread, not a debate thread. (Not that I'm a moderator.) I trust Havensdad will do the same and be as gracious. :type:

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I was not aware that we had cross words, at all. However, I indeed thought it best to let sleeping dogs lie, as it were, which is why I have not posted further.

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't think you had cross words, but that you were debating in a non-debate forum. I enjoy the fellowship in this forum enough that I'm a little defensive when folks start debating here. Once some guys really got into the Cal/Arm thing and it was ugly. Anyway, thanks for your graciousness and God bless.:wavey: