1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help we need used Bibles

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by TheBibleSender, Jul 19, 2006.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Hello I am looking for anyone who is interested in donating there extra bibles to our ministry. We are also looking for churches who might take up a collection at their church. If you are a member of a church please consider talking to your Pastor about this. Or if you are a Pastor please pray about this. We have a tremedous need for bibles andy help would be highly appreciated even if it is only 1 bible it will be given to someone who possible has never owned one. If anyone is interested or wants more info please send me a pm or e-mail me at [email protected] God bless. :)

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Might be good to say if you send other than KJV?

;)

3. TheBibleSender

We prefer KJV. But we will accept other version. I believe in the KJV but also feel that a half bibles in better tht know Bible. I have known many people that have been saved reading other version who are now using KJV. God bless. :)

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This remark reminds me of Boy Bilibid (Prison Kid in English). He was a communist hit man in my country. Did in a lot of public officials in his time.
    Then he got caught.
    In prison, a cop handed him a Bible. NIV, not KJV.
    At first he didn't want to read it, being a :rolleyes: self-respecting communist atheist revolutionary.
    But then he got bored in prison, and, just for the h-ck of it, started reading the Bible, critically, using the old Marxist dialectical materialism kind of thing.
    Took him almost a year to finish reading it, according to his own testimony, at first because he was critiquing it, but later because he wanted to chew and munch on every word.
    But finish it he did, and before he finished reading it, he was constantly on his knees crying out for forgiveness.
    He became such a changed man that prison guards would leave his cell door unlocked and know he wouldn't escape. He pled guilty to every charge against him, and prepared to die in the chair or spend the rest of his natural life in prison.
    On the day that he was to be brought to court for sentencing, a squad of communist hitmen ambushed the convoy he was in, on top of a bridge in the middle of a city in Metro Manila.
    Their objective was to spring a couple of communist hitmen that had been captured by government forces a few months back, not Boy Bilibid, because the communists in my country operate in a kind of compartmentalized system. Each front responsible for its men.
    There were only three police vehicles in the convoy, with a pair of cops in each.
    The tactic was to do in the first and last vehicle, and then close in on the middle one with the three hitmen.
    So, that's what happened.
    The first two cops up the first car were killed instantly.
    But not the ones at the rear, who were firing back. One in Boy Bilibid's car was seriously wounded, the two hitmen had jumped out of the car and was calling to him, but he didn't go.
    Instead, he grabbed the gun of the seriously wounded cop and fired back at the attackers.
    The cops would testify in court later that Boy Bilibid alone was responsible for killing three of the 14 hitmen who ambushed them, and helped them recapture the would-be escapees.
    For that the court lowered his sentence from death, to life, later commuted to 12 years, and later, still under the dictator with the wife that had 600 pairs of shoes, was pardoned.
    He now pastors a small church in the south of my country, under constant threat from his old comrades, but still, as far as I know, today, preaching Christ, and him crucified.

So, yeah, my favorite Bible is the KJV, I used to be KJVO, but now I know, my God's word will shine through for those to whom it is meant, no matter what version they use.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fascinating story! Thanks, pinoybaptist.:saint:

6. TheBibleSender

Yes thanks for sharing that. God bless. :)