1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

help. What is a "STEP Reader?" Do I need one? How do I get one?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mr. messy, Apr 6, 2005.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

I have downloaded and number of "Bibles," "commentaries" and "dictionaries" from e-sword.net. By clicking on their "tools" button, I see "Bible Reading, Daily Devotions, Prayer Requests, Graphics Viewer [which I do not have], and STEP Reader." What is a "STEP Reader? Is it something similar to Quick Verse (which I do not have) ? Do I need one? How do I get one? What is the advantage of having a STEP Reder? What is the disadvantage of having one?

Thanks for your comments and help. mr. messy

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    STEP = "Standard Template for Electronic Publication"

Logos uses one type of system (Libronix); Zondervan, NavPress Software, Parsons Technology, and Bible Companion Software use another: the STEP system.

The specialized technology prevent others from integrating into their system without paying up.

Usually, the only way use the STEP system is to pay for it. It may come free as a special trail offer. Unfortunately you often get what you pay for.

Rob

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

e-Sword is FREE, and in my opinion beats the Bible software you have to pay for hands down!!

5. Pastor Keith

Pastor Keith New Member

I agree with that assessment of e-Sword, except for if one is seeking a premier program for advanced study of the Hebrew and Greek texts, in which case Bible works can't be beat (although it costs at least $300).

By the way, I have made available a large number of modules for e-Sword at the Immanuel Downloads page:

http://www.immanuelhomepage.org/Downloads.html