1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hey, Liberals: Was It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...scussion:0c51b5bf-d518-4966-8264-bd0e9cc9cfce

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there is no connection between Bush and the neosoc getting into office. Obama is black no matter what policies were in place the last eight years and that is why he was elected.

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <PA deleted - LE> The last 8 years have everything to do with his election. If Bush had done a good job it would have been a cake-walk for McCain.

#3 Crabtownboy, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  4. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Why I do understand why you feel that Obama won because of the 8 passed years of Bush. This is the reason that a Demarcate won NOT why Obama won. Obama won because he's Black. If not we most likely would have had Hillary.

#4 givengrace, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

To ignore the massive impact race played in this election is to stick one's head in the sand.

However, I expected the article to contain a bit more substance. Now that we are in Obama's recession and have seen the worse economin decline since WWII, you should be asking yourselves...is that worth it? Perhaps the loss of 50% of your equity wealth was worth Obama? He sounds pretty expensive to me...to the tune of over 8 Trillion so far.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It cannot be Obama's recession, he isn't in office yet. :laugh:

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You mean Bush's recession, right? How does Obama get saddled with the recession if he's not in office yet?

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

All Obama has to do is say three little words: NO Tax Increases!:BangHead:

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The Democratic nominee was going to win, regardless. Had the Republicans done their job for the last eight years, the Democrats would not have had a chance. They are devoid of ideas, and can only win on the ineptness of Republicans.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And that will solve it all - what a miracle!!!!!

He must indeed be the economic messiah if three little words from him will stop the world financial crisis!

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree, any Democrat could have won.

Yet how do Republicans win? 'They are devoid of ideas and and only win on the ineptness of the Democrats.' And so it goes...

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

May I use a baseball analogy? Suppose our good friend Dr. Bob signed on with the NY Yankees to be the starting 2nd Baseman? Do you think that the announcement of his signing would increase or decrease ticket sales? (Nothing personal Dr Bob)

I'm sure many folks would forsake the buying of season tickets - even though Dr Bob had not played one game. The potential ticket buyers would base their decision on current conditions of the new player, and how he would effect the team.

Likewise, Obama has promised many things - free college tuition (who will pay?) tax cut for 95% of working Americans (even though some 30% of workers pay no income tax, ect ect, ect. Based on current conditions (promises) of the new "player" - how will he effect the team (US Citizens)?

Has Bush had an effect, probally, but lets look at the entire picture.

Salty

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

If he won because he's black why have we never had a black president before?

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

One disturbing thing I find in the OP is the insinuation in CTB's quote (yes, I know it wasn't him saying it) that anyone who voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 somehow is mentally deficient.

Kind of insulting, if you ask me.

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You continue to make these ridiculous statements. This is not Obama's recession. George Bush has been in the White House for the last 8 years. We went into recession before the election. How can this be Obama's recession. I suppose you think it repeat something that's not true enough times it will make it true. Actually there's a precident for doing that. George Bush has been doing it for 8 years.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

when it came to the general election, I'm not sure it mattered who it was running against McCain...white or black. Bush, be it fair or not, was a millstone this election around McCain's neck. McCain pulled less votes than Bush in key states. That's not abour race at all.