1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillary Clinton Blasts 'Hate-Filled' Palestinian Textbooks

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., on Thursday called for a rejection of new Palestinian textbooks that portray a world without Israel, refer to Jews as "Zionist gangs" and rewrite the Holocaust to ignore atrocities committed against Jews.
    "We must stop the propaganda to which Palestinian children are exposed," Clinton said in a news conference in Washington, D.C. "These children deserve an education that instills respect for life and peace instead of glorifying death and violence."
    Clinton, a candidate for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, called the conference to release a report by Palestinian Media Watch, a Jerusalem-based group that monitors Palestinian media for anti-Israel bias. She said the books "do not give Palestinian children an education, they give them an indoctrination."
    The report found that 12th-grade textbooks issued in November by the Palestinian Authority "repeatedly reject Israel's right to exist, present the conflict as a religious battle for Islam, teach Israel's founding as imperialism, and actively portray a picture of the Middle East, both verbally and visually, in which Israel does not exist at all."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/2/9/115448.shtml?s=ic

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for her !

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political rhetoric. She will do nothing.

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh my, she's obviously a Christian now, just see what she's doing......not.....see carpro above

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I agree with Carpro, politics.... However, she is as much of a Christian as anyone we know of. Is it our job to "call people out" in a "mocking" tone?!?

Aren't we as Christians suppose to be better than that even if it's with someone we don't like?

just a thought... Politics fair game.. Her being a Christian or not.. not fair game.

Jamie

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

And you shall know them by their fruits.

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

And if we could use that as an end all be all guide, then what about GW Bush? Or any other politican that has claimed to be a Christian?

What about some members of this board where they would rather beat each other up rather than agree to disagree?

I am sure you can "know" (ie: think you know someone) someone by their online personility, or by their politics, but you don't really know that person.

Using that verse to justify it is just an escape goat in my opinion.

I think it's best for us to not think we can read someone's heart. Just was my point before.

Jamie

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

And yet she says nothing about this prayer given by her party at the DNC. Spoken by Husham Al-Husainy, last week.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54085

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is the other Democratic candidate who has the Jewish vote she's buckin for?

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Sure lets not directly dismiss the passage but find a back door way to dismiss it. What is in the heart is displayed openly. They are not separate.

#10 2 Timothy2:1-4, Feb 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

If I really believed that verse pertained to this type of thought, I would ask:

What about the brothers and sisters here at the BB that bash each other daily?

What about GW Bush and his actions/inactions?

What about any other person running for office of POTUS from either party?

I would ask you to explain to me, how you see the different friuits from all these above people?

However, I do not believe this verse is talking about people and their "fruit" as you do. This verse, at least the way I have been taught, pertains to the leaders of the church. You will know a false teacher by their fruits, the Pharises were a religious group, yet they were false teachers and you could tell they were by their actions (fruits).

Now, I could be wrong, like I said it's the way I was taught, but let's presume I am wrong for a minute, and let's hear how you would answer the above questions...

Jamie

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yeah, like Sen. Clinton controls Palestinian schoolbooks :rolleyes:

13. Daisy

Daisy New Member

She has a lovely well-behaved daughter who has never been arrested, has never been photographed in compromising positions.

14. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

hate filled books

Be careful now Daisy......you are now PRACTICING "you shall know them by their fruit" (and I'm not a bush-ite).

Bartimaeus

15. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I was just noting the irony ....

16. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

People are not responsable for what there adult daughters do.

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Do you think a parent has no responsibility for the outcome?

I think my parents were, and continue to be beyond the grave, a big influence on me.

Besides, as I said before, I was just noting the irony of the fruits quote in this case.

18. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't Mrs. Clinton, several years ago, hug Arafat's wife, just after she made several anti-semitic remarks in Palestine?

What a difference a presidential campaign makes.

peace to you:praying:

19. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Parents are responsable to raise there children right. That is different from being responsable for their actions when they are adults.

How many people did there best with there kids and raised there children to be responsable adults, only to have them go astray as adults. Maybe they fell into drugs or crime.

Are the parents responsable for their adult kids actions. Does the law hold them responsable, does God hold them responsable?

20. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.