1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His this nation lost it's values?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Sep 19, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Has this nation lost it's values?

I want to apologize for "having a bur in my saddle" but I, a pretty opened minded guy who usually let's things roll off his back, got very upset today after watching this clip. I would really like for you to watch this clip not as a republican or democrat (or independent Rev) and give your honest Christian review from the perspective of where this country is going.

Please watch clip

In this election we've attacked a 17 year old girl, ridiculed and had fun a many innocent peoples expense. Putting all that to the side, I can't see how a Christian organization would find this the least bit humorous. If this is the example from the moral correct Church, what hope do we have for the rest of the nation? Has this country lost its mind?

Listen to what the young lady says at the -1:42 mark? She has a very good point and I think we should want to set a decent example.

Moderator... Please change title to "Has"

#1 LeBuick, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Attaching racism to this is ludicrous. The intent was to point out Obama's inconsistancies, hence the term waffles.

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

this was the pretty untasteful creation of a small group who thought they found a platform to sell these things...but were wrong. The leaders of this summit asked them to remove this product and not sell them b/c they were not in line with what the AFA and Focus on the Family were trying to promote. Of course the View would avoid that fact.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

And just for the record, this was discussed on American Family Radio...part of the AFA who i'm pretty sure were sponsors of the event.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not with the turban on his head and the instructions to point box toward mecca.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Do you have a link t this part, it would sure make me feel better to know they made them remove this item once they learned about it and wasn't forced to remove it by public outcry. I had read this in other places also but this is the first I heard that focus on the family was innocent.

7. targus

targus New Member

At 8:57 p.m. today you posted following on this Christian board in another thread.

"McCain can play cards? He can't use a computer so I thought his arms didn't work... "

One hour and three minutes later you are upset about this and want a Christian perspective?

How about Matthew 7:5 ?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That was just dumb. And inappropriate from a Christian organizaton. The focus from the clip was that it was a racist thing to do because waffles go with syrup and one kind of syrup is called Aunt Jemimah which is looked at as a slave.

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

It was a sorry attempt at humor relating to the Obama being a muslim rumor...come on, do you really think it was with a racist bent? I really don't think so. the point was "waffles" and Obama either not taking a stance or changing his stance on issues.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I do not think you can accuse the "whole" nation as having lost our values as a result of this once incident.

11. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

12. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

13. targus

targus New Member

LeBuick, do you research anything before throwing these accusations out into cyberspace.

A simple two minute google search would have shown you this statement from the company that produces and sells the offensive product.

"There’s no way we could possibly address the parade of half-truths and outright lies being reported as fact over what happened in Washington, D.C. at the Values Voter Summit. The latest lie served up by unreliable sources claims that “a lobbying arm of Focus on the Family rented a booth to sell Obama Waffles.”

That claim is patently false.

For those who still cherish the truth, our little company, West Wing Waffles LLC, is not a “lobbying arm” of Focus on the Family. Nor was that organization involved in the approval process or selection of the many vendors at the event. West Wing Waffles was solely responsible for renting the booth. End of story.

Unfortunately, there are some who delight in manufacturing and peddling falsehoods to advance their own agenda."

http://obamawaffles.typepad.com/obama_daily_waffles/2008/09/a-lie-is-still.html

I'm now left wondering if you will actually read the three short paragraphs above or will you just race off to start another half baked thread.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree - that was tasteless. This consistent absurd attempt to tie Obama to Islam has disturbed me for months.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Agreed. I did appreciate that this panel pointed out that it would be offensive no matter which side used the tactic.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "waffle" box cover was very funny. Anyone that had a problem with it needs to get a life.

The turban should have been a chef's hat and there should have been no mention of Mecca. those were out of line.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Agreed - and there could have been many varieties of politician waffles :).

18. billwald

billwald New Member

>In this election we've attacked a 17 year old girl

when we should have attacked the mother who exposed her 17 year old pregnant daughter to world wide shame because she wants a better job.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I for one didn't find it funny because of the turban. Had they have used a chef's hat it may have been different but because they used a turban their intentions were clear an very offensive to me.

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

I looked up "intelligent post" in the dictionary. It listed the above quote as an antonym.