1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Holy Father?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ps104_33, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Only God is our Holy Father, and no earthly man deserves that title. I use Pastor and not Reverend. We had a priest where I worked. We often spoke, but I didn't call him Father. Had he ever mentioned it, I would have told him that God's word says not to call any man father, because we have only one Father--God.

2. AAA

AAA New Member

IS the pope a reverend or holy father?

I don't not understand why you would address him a "REV" (short for reverend) and you will not address him as HOLY Father, because both terms of HOLY FATHER and REV (reverend) are terms only applied to the living GOD as we can see them found in the holy scripture!

In man made traditions we see preachers hold the title REVEREND, just as the catholic priest hold the title FATHER and this is why I will not call him holy father or reverend, because both are titles of GOD and no mere mortal should ever apply eitheir of these term to themselves. If a person calls the pope FATHER or call the preacher REVEREND they shall also call him GOD, because in short this is what they are doing in essense, even if they do not relize this truth.