1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Homeschoolers' setback sends shock waves through state

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Here's the Governor's opinion:

Gov.: Overturn Calif. home-school ruling

SACRAMENTO, March 7 (UPI) -- California's governor wants to see a court ruling tightening the rules for home schooling overturned.
    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger issued a statement Friday calling this week's ruling requiring home-school instructors to hold valid teaching credentials "outrageous" and called for it to either be overturned in the court system or changed through the legislative process.
    "Every California child deserves a quality education and parents should have the right to decide what's best for their children," Schwarzenegger said. "Parents should not be penalized for acting in the best interests of their children's education

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is driven by the NEA. Which should be disbanned. Government employees do not need union representation. They spend much of their collected dues pushing an extreme left wing agenda which is controlled by the homosexual community though the NEA, and the American Psychological Association. All controlled by the homosexual agenda. While they are fighting homeschooling they are pushing for homosexual indoctrination in public schools even to elementary age children. This is absolutely sick, perverse, and disgusting.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

[​IMG]

7. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

Here is a Foxnews. video clip on this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/playe...secuting Parents?&acc&World&-1&News&149&&&new

It is a shame that many people form opinions of homeschoolers by a few bad examples. I admit that homeschooling isn´t for everyone. There was a time in my life when it wasn´t for me either but God told me otherwise. I don´t claim to know God´s will for every other Christian family but I do know his will for mine and for about 15 years now it has been for us to homeschool our children.

My kids take tests every other year to be sure they know what the government thinks they should know. I do that because I want to make sure they won´t have trouble in college. I don´t feel the government has the right to keep tabs on my children and I don´t report anything to them. The state we are from does not require it if we are homeschooling for religious reasons. God gave our children to us and told us to raise them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. If the Government thinks it has the right to govern how we educate our kids it is only because we have given them the right. It isn´t a right that GOD gave them.

Yes, there are some Christian homeschool parents who don´t teach their kids to win souls (this was stated in another thread) but to be fair there are also Christian parents of public school kids who don´t teach their kids to be soul winners either.

#7 Justlittleoldme, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

May God bless you. Keep up the good work. California's Governor and their Judicial system needs a fasting of prayers.

9. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're absolutely correct. I researched the NEA before homeschooling and was shocked at what I found. This is why I applaud godly Christian teachers who do not join the NEA but shine their light while still teaching in public schools.

10. Justlittleoldme

If I could just add one more thing. My father and my stepmother have both taught in public schools for over 35 years. They just retired after trying 4 different schools in the last two years. They would have liked to keep teaching. The reason they quit? THEY didn´t feel safe any more. These schools were not in big cities either. Two of them were in small country towns.

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

To use the few bad examples of homeschooling nightmares is not very smart. Almost everytime I read the newspaper, watch the news on tv, browse it on the internet, or listen to it on the radio there is a negative news story about our wonderful public school system. Some one brought a gun to school. Another child was shot. A teacher is having sex with one or more students. Zero tolerance stupidity just caused the expulsion of a good student while the dud continues to fly under the radar. Another school was put on the list of bad schools because the average test scores were too low for the, "No Child Left Behind Act." Based on the logic used agaisn't home schooling I'd be a fool to send my kid to the public school.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is this?

13. Justlittleoldme

They were threatened by students and parents several times during those two years. As the years have gone by they have seen more and more violence at school and less and less respect for authority.

The last straw was when a my father was told a student that had threatened his life in front of the class because of a bad grade the day before, would be returning to his classroom without any punishment at all because the principal determined from talking to the young man that he was no longer a threat.

14. billwald

billwald New Member

These days, except for old union shops, only teachers and other govt employees are smart enough to join unions. The rest of you have been indoctrinated by the "anyone can grow up to be president" propaganda.

15. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Bill, what are you talking about? I'm not too bright. Explain please.

16. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Most factories have unions and it is not a choice of whether to join or not, it is mandatory.