1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hoosier Congressman lied to

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Dec 12, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hoosier Congressman Marlin Stutzman (Fort Wayne area) was persuaded to vote to allow a continuing resolution to come to the House floor on the promise (apparently from Boehner) that the 1600 page bill was dead. He did what they asked and the motion carried by two votes. Then Boehner double-crossed him and brought the old big bill back. Boehner is a liar.

Stutzman will be pushed to the back by the GOP House leaders but he issued this statement today anyway:

“The CROmnibus bill, over 1,600 pages long, does many things but what is most important is what it does not do. It fails to directly address President Obama’s dangerous executive action on immigration and fails to include many of the solutions that could have been passed in January with a Republican House and Senate in an open process.

“Earlier today, I supported the Rule because I was informed by Leadership that the CROmnibus was dead and a short term CR would take its place. I was very surprised and even more disappointed to see the CROmnibus back on the floor. The American people deserve better.”

http://stutzman.house.gov/press_releases/361