1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How can "sola scriptura" be possible?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Emily25069, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your insult comes in the form of a refusal to answer a simple question. How many times to I have to ask it. Is this number five or six now. And please read carefully when you make accusations.
    I said: "you choose to be ignorant. I did not call you ignorant. I said that you chose to remain in ignorance instead of taking the initiative and studying a subject out for yourself and finding the answer. But, as some say, "Ignorance is bliss." A man is held responsible for the light of knowledge that he does have. If you choose to sit in darkness that is a decision you make. It is a fact, not an insult.
    Likewise, after I made that statement, I put the word "Pitiful!" That is not you, but the situation you decided to put yourself in. You are an intellectual person. What is pitiful is not you, but a decision that you made to remain ignorant concerning a theological problem, which you still fail to answer.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: In that you choose to act like a whited wall, condemning others while you practice the same. Note carefully that I DID NOT call you a whited wall. I said “You choose to act like a whited wall.”

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Little bit different here HP.
    A says to B. Here is what vs. means.
    B says to A. No it isn't.
    A says to B. Check it in other resource material like commentaries.
    B says to A. No, I don't believe in commentaries.
    A says to B. Then you choose to remain in your ignorance (that is, deliberately avoid searching for the truth).

There is a difference. You need to read through the whole thread before jumping into the middle of a conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.