1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How did you know?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Aug 2, 2007.

1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

When you where washed in the blood of the lamb? When you got saved? What it felt like? What you experinced?

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother:

I know that when I was converted, I was carrying the pride of atheism and Marxism, and that when I heard Jesus preached, and Him crucified, I understood every word of a dialect which I have not even basic knowledge of.

I know that when I was converted, I could not wait to get home and read the New Testament handed to me, and that I read that New Testament from cover to cover in just a very short time, and that my sleep was peaceful every night, and I couldn't wait till it was Sunday again.

I knew that when I was converted, I understood in my heart of hearts that if the trumpet sounded then I would be among those who would meet Christ in the air, and I remember that each word in that New Testament seemed to jump up at me.

Then as now, the Name of Jesus was the sweetest Name I can utter, then as now, my heart skips a beat when I think of my life, my sins, my hate, and His life, and His holiness, and love.

Then I did not understand fully what I understand now.

That the Blood of the Eternal Son of God, the Eternal Lamb of Glory, was shed in eternity past, before the foundation of the world, and that in the Infinite, Eternal mind of the Triune God, all His people are already seated in Christ in the Heavenlies, and none will ever be lost, and that all His own were redeemed in eternity, justified in eternity, in Christ, and redeemed in time at the cross of Calvary.

3. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I grew up believing in a dream. I knew as a child I had made some type of an attempt in Sunday School to do what someone else told me was the right thing to do. I had this foggy remembrance of talking to someone and then days later being baptised with my family. I kept considering this as the ticket I needed to get past the eyes of God. I grew up to young manhood believing this was all that was needed.
    As a man I entered the world of dark secret sin. I loved it. I searched for it. I relished it and hid it from everyone while attending church and playing the game. I came under deep conviction hearing the Word of God preached and I had to choose one life or the other. I walked away from the truth. I left the Word. I lived for three years headed for hell and separation from the Lord and I KNEW IT! It wrecked my life, it wrecked other's lives, people literally died that I had contact with in my sin. I caused great pain and sorrow in the hearts of those I chose to be around. Then the conviction hit me again. I was positive it was my last opportunity. I was in fear and trembling in my heart and soul and would not give up my sinful heart.
    I met a man at an office rotation party. Someone overseas was going home and we were seeing them off. This gentleman was a husband of a lady in my squadron. He was an insurance salesman. I ask him to come by and see me because I needed life insurance quickly. He came and was surprised that I wanted so much so soon. He finished the paperwork and took his Bible out of his briefcase. I knew then this was my last day of grace. I struggled for maybe an hour. I gave up and layed my head down on the table and cried out for mercy. I surrendered that day in Mainz Kastel, Germany. I was set free. My fear was gone. My burden was lifted. I knew it was not a dream. I had the real McCoy. I was lifted out of my sorrow of night and was given a new life by the Grace of God. It was real. I did not want to drink my days and nights away anymore. I did not want to bar hop with my old drinking buddies any more. It was all over for me. I now have the same relief and gladness in my heart twenty seven years later. I have never, never regretted the soul cleansing blood of Calvary. I have only praise for my Lord. I thank Him today for that day so long ago. He made my life complete and gave me the opportunity to serve Him as a man, a father, a police officer, a minister, a grandfather and again, once again, finally a pastor. Oh What A Saviour!

Bartimaeus

4. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

You know those humid, hot, horrible summer days when you spend the first of the day tuning up the car and changing the oil, then rest of the day cutting grass, running the weed eater, planting flowers for the wife... you come in and you stink so bad and have so much sweat and gunk and crud covering your that you offend yourself? Then you jump in a cold shower and you start cooling down and all that muck goes down the drain and your whole body just relaxes and you feel alive again?

Felt like that, but better, and it was my soul.... :thumbs:

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Congrats on the new grandchild. My sister was telling me about that the other day.
    Children sure are a blessing, I can imagine grandchildren are as well.

6. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

I knew I was saved because of my change of desires. I was in church my entire life, but not until 2 years ago did I fully surrender to Christ's Lordship. As I did this, I was saved. Most notably I had a new desire to study the Word, and to see others come to Christ. Then, when I went and hung out with my old friends from the public school, and commited sins that before would not have bothered me my conscience was killing me.

So :

1) Change of desires
    2)When I did sin, God chastised me and made me miserable.

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When I was 12, the gospel was preached to me. I learned that I was a sinner and that I was separated from my Heavenly Father. I asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins and I knew that He could only do it based on His perfect life, real death on the cross, and real bodily resurrection. I felt better right after that. I mean, to know that God forgot all my sins gave me a good feeling was great.

Fast forward 15 years..... I later learned that "feeling" is just that. For the past 15 years, there were times when I didn't "feel" saved. So like many of us genX'ers, I interpreted reality on what I felt.

While driving home, for some reason I tuned into a preaching broadcast and the man said that we couldn't trust our feelings..... You don't "feel" American one day and UnAmerican the next....sure, you could feel UNpatriotic, but you are an American by birth because your birth certificate says so.

Likewise, you are saved because of your re-birth because the bible, your spiritual birth certificate, says so.

My point, feeling good is great. But knowing that you are saved is something that is independant of mood. We are washed with the Blood of Christ because the Bible says so.....same goes for the Holy Spirit and His indwelling of us.