1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Do Thestic Evolutionist Chrsitians Account for man and species transformation?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do acknowledge there is an evolutionary processsGod created and used among species, Micro, but NOT macro !

And Dr Ross seems to ebvery smart, but is trying to keep the assumed "facts" to be intact, even if they are not supported by Bible!

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Or we actually have some intelligence and realize that the Bible does not teach YEC any more than it teaches that the earth is flat or that it is the center of the universe.

The Bible does not SAY the earth is 10,000 years old.

Let me repeat that.

One more time:

For you to say it does when it doesn't is for you to abuse the Scriptures.

The problem with demanding that the earth is 10000 years old is that it makes Christians look like morons and intelligent people do not want to have anything to do with them.

So the Church, which constantly appeals only to stupider and stupider people, becomes so stupid that it eventually does not exist.

If we would just teach the BIBLE and stop pressing our traditions on it, the world would see that the most brilliant piece of literature in history is the Book of God. Then more intelligent people would fill the church.

But tradition, like YEC and flat-earth and geocentricity keep the church full of stupid people- not because all YEC people are stupid but because YEC is wrong and the more we cling to it while more and more info is coming out to the contrary of it- the stupider we look.

Now, fortunately, the church is not going to cling to YEC much longer. Just like the Church wised up and rejected geocentricity, the Church will wise up and reject YEC.

But its people who love tradition over the Scripture who make that a slow and painful process.

#63 Luke2427, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  4. Inspector Javert

There was a "Big-Bang".....it didn't come from nothingness.....(this is where we insert God)......but there ABSOLUTELY was a "Big-Bang"....You are embarrassing Biblical YEC literalists.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do NOT say must be 6-10 thousand years old, just NOT millions, much less billions of age!

And the problem is that the exactly same evidence those against Ceationism/YEC use to refute them, in many cases, would actually better support YEC/creationism!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most recent 'scientific " facts oin Cosmology refures the big bang, but even if you hold to that, the matter/Energy that exploded outewardly HAD a prior creation, as yes, God created the universe form nothing!

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Nope, on both accounts.

9. Inspector Javert

10. Inspector Javert

There was a "Big-Bang"...........There was.......and it's perfectly Scriptural too.

I didn't say matter came forth from nothingness......nor time, nor space.......

but they had an origin, and it was the "Big-Bang". The "Big-Bang" Yeshua, is the point at which God (who exists above all and beyond all) said...."Let there be"...that's a "Big-Bang".

Time, Matter, Space....all in one Cosmological moment.....doesn't matter if you are an Atheist or a Baptist, every sane man knows about the "Big-Bang".

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#71 Yeshua1, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Right. It is interesting that scientists now tell us that the vast majority of dust in our homes is "us". Dust on the mantle consists of dead skin cells.

We are dust. We are made of dust. Not just us. God formed every living creature from out of the ground.

The Bible is PERFECTLY scientifically accurate.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So theistic evolutions do see mankind as beginning as Adam, as there were NO pre adamic sub humon species he evolved from?

He was created in one day?

16. Inspector Javert

Then maybe I misunderstood you...I saw this:
    Which isn't you "calling" YEC's stupid........per se...it's until you say this:
    Now...I'm a dumb "YEC" and what-not....but if (as you say) "intelligent" people want nothing to do with "them" (that would be YEC'S)....then forgive me for not seeing how that isn't simply an insult to the intelligence of all YEC's.
    The "stupider" people <--- (that's YEC's or anyone who believes them) are what the Church is appealing to?. Ahh...objectively, I would submit that you are (if unintentionally) somewhat simply impugning the intelligence of anyone who maintains a Young Earth Theology.

"Stupider" isn't usually used as a word. I suppose it could be, but, not often.

...................Then more intelligent people would fill the Church........

Meh....I think you're calling us "dumb" dude, sorry. Forgive me for seeing that in your post; but, I think insisting that the "more intelligent" crowd would disagree is nominally the same as calling the opposition (not "dumb")......just "dumber" than anyone who would disagree with them.

17. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Theistic evolutionists are not a monolithic movement.

People like Hugh Ross and Michael Horton believe that God made Adam special, different from other creatures which evolved over time.

That there were hominids before Adam is almost surely the case. but Adam was the first of his kind and all human beings descended from him.

18. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

What recent facts refute the concept of the Big Bang? In fact, the "idea of the Big Bang" did a great deal to bolster and support the theism that you and I cherish.

19. thisnumbersdisconnected

The word is the Hebrew cakak and means to "hedge, fence about, shut in." In short, it means to close off from view. The old KJV translation is a bad translation. The NASB is barely better, making it "wove" but the word does not mean putting anything together, it means shutting it away out of sight. Either way, you're bordering on very dangerous denial of Scripture. If He spoke everything else into existence, why can't He simply speak life into existence in the womb, and superintend it's growth? You're going far out of bounds to deny God's truth, probably without even intending to do so.

There is nothing "silly" about the reading Genesis account literally, and that too borders on denial of biblical truth.

20. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

IJ,

I do not consider those of YEC to be dummies,.....Not at all. Just so you know.