1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How Do You Know If You Are Born Again?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KitYoung, May 13, 2012.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:So....Benjamin.....it takes a mocking atheist to get you to post something...shall we say in your words..."a little dark":laugh:
    So love can sometimes have to speak hard truths.....lol

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might want to note that that scripture talks about the ability to chose and ends with an a "genuine" gospel offer of salvation. You seem confused in that your post doesn't make any sense about being dark. I think you need to take off those shaded glasses and maybe you need to go outside and get some hair...err air. :smilewinkgrin:

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually...I have just the amount God has ordained for me;
    30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.....
    plus i save on shampoo:thumbs:

That is what i found ironic....when i mentioned to you that sometimes reprobates need to be sent away without comfort, but rather challenged with the consequence of continued rebellion....you went off on a rant...and rambled about the love of God....and "darkness'.....

But here with your friend KIT.....you went right after him.....interesting.:thumbs: I take this a progress on your part:applause:

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Icon, you will never see me resorting to tell someone who scoffs at me or the word of God that he might have been predetermined to have no hope; obviously that is your MO but I don’t preach that message of darkness, it is clearly wrong for you to do that: (1Jn 1:5,6) Your attempt to euphemize what “I went off on” and the fact that you slipped up and are still trying to pry yourself off from being nailed to that wall says volumes, but I have no desire to go down that road with you again.The passage I quoted gives warning and speaks of judgment…judgment is real and based on creaturely volition, that is how it is genuinely righteous and in truth as per the Just nature of God which is in all His ways, (Deut 32:4). I find it strange and sad that you could misperceive that passage as a determinist type message of darkness and disturbing that through your shaded perception and lack of careful reading you would revel in hope that I would behave like you and would think of such a thing as “progress” on my part.

#44 Benjamin, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Well, our friend Mr. Young has left us. His last post was 1:07 a.m. Monday, so Matt Wade's prediction for before midnight Sunday night was a little early, and Winman's was for Wednesday. So I guess I win the microwave.

Interesting thing: in the final hour before his last post, Mr. Young posted thirteen times, and had 22 posts in the last two hours. Now that's prolific.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

More like horrific, if'n you ask me.......

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Benjamine,

you posted....

I completly agree with your assesment/comentary on the calvinistic slant on theology that you briefly articulated in your response to Iconoclast.

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

We weren't on Pacific time?! :laugh:

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Well, that, too. But go back and look at his posting record over the final two hours before his banning. He was posting every two minutes in one stretch, and in three or four different threads.

He may be the most prolific troll we've ever had.

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Oh, gee, I never thought of that. Wanna split the microwave?