1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you talk to a Wiccan?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by rustheman, May 7, 2001.

1. rustheman

rustheman Guest

I've been into some really indepth debate with a person who is of the Wiccan belief/following, whatever.

There main "code" they live by basically says if it doesn't harm anyone, do what you want.

There are many holes in that belief that I have pointed out but this person is well versed in the Christian belief so is no pushover when it comes to debate.

Anyone have any ammo for me?

First post!

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard someone discussing a similar situation the other day. What was conveyed to me, that I had to agree with, is that there is NO way that you can convince someone else that your religion is right and theirs is wrong--especially if they're just as fanatical about their religion as you are about yours.

About the only thing you can do is continue to show them the depth of your conviction.

I know that doesn't make much sense; it goes something along the lines of, someone who doesn't want to believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God isn't going to believe, no matter how much "evidence" you show them. The only thing they'll really see is your deep-rooted belief that it is the inspired Word of God, and that it's the truth.

In other words, Jesus never "convinced" anyone to believe in Him; He presented the truth, and went on.

3. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Amen Don. Debate is not the tactic to be taken. No one is argued or debated into the Kingdom of God. All one can do with a Wiccan (or any other lost sinner for that matter)is to present the truth of the gospel, be faithful to Christ, and let the Holy Spirit convict the person of sin, if He so chooses to do so.

And don't tell them "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life", because the fact is, they are at enmity with God and stand condemned before Him, because they have not believed. Preach that Christ died for sinners, but unless they receive Him, they are lost and without hope.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don:
    In other words, Jesus never "convinced" anyone to believe in Him; He presented the truth, and went on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Chris,
    I agree about presenting the truth of the Gospel and letting it stand on its own. However, there's nothing wrong with defending the veracity of our hope (1 Pet 3:15). And while I agree with not telling people the "God's wonderful plan" bit, Spurgeon and other fellow Calvinists had no problem preachiing the love of God for all sinners, so neither do I.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Living amoungst the pagans and heathens of San Francisco, I can only give you this advice:<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Wiccans a wannbe pagans of the European variety. As compared to, Hindus who are Asian pagans.<LI>They are trying to get back to a pre-Christian world view.<LI>The Roman Catholic Church has formed their idea of "what Christianity is".<LI>For the most part, they have no idea of what Biblical Chistianity is.<LI>Without debating the issue, without using the standard Romans Road, simply live an unashamedly, and as much as possible unreproachable Christian life.<LI>These folks live in fear of us. <LI>So, be wise as a serpent yet harmless as a dove. Politely tell Miss/Mr. Wyvern that "no, our children would not be interested going to the party for Mother Earth on the Summer Solsitice." [/list]

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: The Squire ]