1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Do you View Joyce meyer?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Well, I checked the link in Amy's post (post 36).

If I am reading this correctly, not only do they have a huge Meyer family "compound", ...paid for of course by "the ministry",...but they are embroiled in some sort of a murder charge that is currently still unsolved.

Yikes

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The articles I have read in the past year estimate that 70-80 percent of the churches in America are plagued by one or more antagonists in the church. In my experiences I have seen few pastors and leaders in churches who will confront antagonists in their church. I saw a group of pastors completely deceived right in front of me by an antagonist. Even when I and another brought it to their attention they did not see it.

With that kind of complacent attitude and actions why should it surprise us that America is fertile ground for false teachers. I noticed in studying scripture that false teachers are not just noted by false doctrine but false living. When was the last time you heard anyone talk about a false teacher noted by false living. A false teacher may teach intellectually correct doctrine and live an ungodly life.

#42 gb93433, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree 100%. So the question is what are evangelical leaders doing to expose these people? I cannot remember when the last time I knew about anything that was done.

4. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't really care for her "teachings." I find some of her views to be way out in left field.

My mom watches her everyday. I've tried to point out some of Joyce's false teaching to her, but she sees nothing wrong with her.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

This is how:

For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting. Romans 16:18

Also note 2 Peter 2:3, 18; Jude v. 16.

Having passion, drive and great speaking ability does not equate to knowing God. It's not about being a show of entertainment, which simply means keeping the attention, it's done to deceive.

Now why do these want to deceive? For the sake of personal gain obviously.

Thus a person can have drive and passion and not know God. I'm not impressed with passion and drive, I'm impressed with truth and faithfulness, and I don't have any envy for these false teachers whatsoever, neither would I compare their zeal to another who preaches the truth as to criticize them. That to me is an unfortunate way to measure another.

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

that the one with the Study bible of Inductive studying the Bible?

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Yes, and a lot of Bible studies. Her ministry is called Precept Ministries.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My wife calls her a winer.

9. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

My friend. That almost never works, instead encourage her on to sound teaching and the Holy Spirit will grow her and eventually wean her off Joyce Meyer. :thumbs:

#49 Christos doulos, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. Any thoughts about why?

11. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

David Jeremiah
    Charles Stanley
    Billy Graham (Classics)
    James Merrit
    Ed Young, Sr
    Adrian Rodgers
    Grant Jeffrey...

Just to name a few that are a part of TBN.

12. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

problem is that those are on just to make it look like the station is really Christian!

bottom line is that it is definitely grounded in word of faith, false doctrines by false teachers!

#52 DaChaser1, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  13. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Many friends and family I know regard Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer as sacred cows. These two hucksters are the perfect example of our fast food society and an animus for learning---especially that of learning history and theology. As a matter of fact, I work with the son of Osteen's publicist...so I REALLY gotta' watch what I say at work.

IMO, if you were to even suggest that these two are NOT in the vein of little-o "orthodox" Christianity, then prepare to be hated. That's like suggesting Davy Crockett didn't die swinging Old Betsy.

If most people would just take or listen to a course in ancient church history or basic theology (which are pretty much the same), they'd learn that the first few centuries of Christianity involved rooting out heresy and defining and articulating biblical Christology. And people suffered and DIED for it.

And maybe, juuuuust maybe if the Osteen/Meyers crowd knew this, they'd appreciate orthodox theology and be able to see what false teachers they were.

They always say that if you want to be able to spot a counterfit dollar bill, you spend a year studying the real thing. Biblical Christianity is like that--you'd better know the real deal and know the real God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ.

#53 Jkdbuck76, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  14. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

IF they were really a Christian channel, would have long ago kicked off their airwaves likes of the Hinns/Copelands/Paulk/Dollar etc!

All heretics teaching heretical doctrines!

15. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder if the reason folks listen to TBN is because they have tired of a lack of spirituality in the past churches they attended and have seen the fighting and church splits over things that do not matter. I am sure everyone of us have heard of things being so important such as the color of the carpet. Architectural evangelism is so important. That is the reason why Jesus taught to build buildings as quickly as possible because it does such a good job of replacing the method of sending people out two by two.

A church I pastored had a leader who harassed people in an effort to intimidate them. On one ocassion a member pointed to a gun in his pocket while he was being accosted by the church leader. That church leader changed from that point on. From that point the church began to grow. When the leader left that is when people were happy and the church grew even more.

17. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Think MAIN reason people tune in TBN is that it preaches a prosperity Gospel, that IF one is a Christian and has enough faith, can receive blessings from the Lord such as divine health/wealth/prosperity...

Don't think many tune in for sound bible teaching!

18. Brads70

Brads70 New Member

Sorry I'm new here and haven't figured out what all the acronyms stand for....what's TBN?

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Trinity Broadcasting Network.

20. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Ah.. so THAT's what they're up to! :rolleyes: