1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you young earthers know

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Who cares what you believe? Give the evidence to back up your opinion. Again, take my challenge and harmonize the first two groups of scrpture citations from Genesis with the last group of scriture citations.

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Come on fellas, Do the last group of Biblical writers and speakers share your metaphorical, poetical non literal narrative view of Genesis one???? They write under inspiration how about YOU?

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Who cares? The person whose question I was answering.

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

In other words you are simply expressing unfounded ignorance? Like the pot calling the kettle black??

Take my challenge if you think you really have the truth. If not, then why bother us with your baseless opinions?

5. Magnetic Poles

As for your challenge, I will follow the adage that you should not wrestle with a pig. You only get dirty, and the pig likes it. :)

6. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You are like the demoncrats. When they have no substance all they can do is make personal attacks and that reveals something of their mental ignorance.

7. Magnetic Poles

No, in other words I answered a direct question from a fellow BB member. Obviously, your narrow view of the world limits your ability to consider any view but your own, putting your understanding as equal to the Bible as the final source of truth. So full of yourself, oh self-righteous one.

8. Magnetic Poles

Demoncrats? Cute. This speaks volumes about you. Another person who equates the creator with political positions. You truly are a sad case.

I'd pity you if I gave a flip.

9. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Pleaseeeee! put your hogwash rhetoric aside and try some honesty for a change. You simply cannot deal with the evidence I placed before you and no amount of trash talking and sacramonialism can conceal that you do not have any idea what you are talking about! If you did know what you were talking about you could respond intelligently.

10. Magnetic Poles

See post #45.

11. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Again, do the last group of writers, who speak by inspiration share your non-historical narrative view of the langauge in Gensis one!

When you cannot respond or simply respond by personally trashing me it proves you are taking a position that opposes the position of Jesus Christ and all who wrote by inspiration.

12. Magnetic Poles

Go back and read...it was you who attacked, proclaiming me an enemy of the word of God. And now you equate an attack on you as opposition to Christ? A bit full of ourself, are we not?

13. Magnetic Poles

To take Genesis literally, one must embrace the ancient cosmology of the sky being a solid dome, or firmament, that holds up water and has floodgates which release it. The writers did not have the knowledge about the cosmos we now possess, but wrote in terms they understood. I doubt God gave us the ability to reason, yet expect us not to exercise it.

14. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Your words demonstrate your position. I simply evaluated your words and thus your position. You have no respect for God's Word or you would not have spoken of it in the manner you did. I said nothing more than what your own words demonstrated to be true. You ridiculed anyone who takes Genesis one as literal and historical, calling them "idolators" and those who worship the Bible more than the Author. You ridiculed the Word of God by reducing it to some common "bronze age" text. Hence, your own words provided the basis. Recant your words and I will recant my evaluation of the kind of person who speaks such words!

15. Magnetic Poles

For a young earth, one would also have to believe God lies by creating an appearance of age...e.g. Light from stars millions of light years away.

16. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You have stated things that are derived not from the text itself but from someone's abritrary interpretation of the text. The Hebrew term translated "firmament" does NOT NECESSARILY have to mean a "solid" object and from the context it is placed in it is clear that is not the meaning of Moses. You simply have abritrarily chosen that interpretation because it is consistent with your position rather than consistent with the context in which it is placed.

Finally, do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Creator? That is the real issue, because Christ handled Genesis 1:26 as literal historical narrative and either He is the Son of God or He is the greatest lunatiic or deceiver the world has ever known.

17. Magnetic Poles

Recant? As in the church forcingGalileo to recant, as he is said to have whispered, "Nevertheless, it moves" in reference to the earth.

18. Magnetic Poles

Yet another false dichotomy. You weren't the star of the debate team, I take it.

19. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

This is also an invalid interpretation. God created man and woman full age and yet they did not go through the process of birth to manhood. Was God lying due to the appearance of full age???

In Gensis 1:3 God said "let there be light" - He did not say let there be light bearers. He created the light in transient and later created the light bearers. There is no deception here but the clear Word of God that says no more than light was created.

Again, your view is unnecessary and contradictory to the literal reading of the text.

20. Magnetic Poles

Does Genesis not speak of floodgates in the firmament? You don't believe the clear word of God?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.