1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by ken, Oct 31, 2001.

1. ken

ken New Member

We all go thru problems and trials in our life. What are some ways you can not necesarily prevent but help you to go thru the fire?

2. ddavis

ddavis New Member

Faith, Family. Like the man said "when it hardest to pray, pray harder".

3. redwhitenblue

redwhitenblue New Member

I am active in Christian counceling thru my church. It is very helpful.

4. ken

ken New Member

do you feel it is helpful because when you heal someone else's headache it heals yours?

5. ken

ken New Member

if so, redwhitenblue, have you ever read Dr. Jack Hyles' poem called "The Pastors Heart"?
    It is an emotional moving, but very true poem.
    You should read it.
    BTW, like your name! [​IMG]

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Much prayer is the only thing that can get me through. Knowing without a dought that God is in full control. He knows more then we ever can about our lives. When it looks like everything is caos, God knows whats going on.
    If I didn't believe that I'd be crazy now.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believing in an all-controling and sovereign God who works ALL things out is my comfort.

NOTHING can happen to me that is not 100% God's plan and will and will "work together for my good".

So good news or bad news doesn't bother me (as much; hey, I'm still human) when I know that God is on the throne and nothing takes Him by surprise.

Can you imagine? My theology gives comfort to my daily life!

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Hey guess what? Ken's first post reminds me of a poem! LOL! I wrote it and posted it on another board, don't think I ever posted it on here though. :D But anyhow, it could answer da question! [​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------
    A trial by error, a testing by fire
    We pass through the flames of burning desire
    A step at a time through the furnace we go
    The fire is so hot and our steps seem so slow
    Oh Lord give us strength as it gets hard to stand
    Against that which tempts us in this strange land
    We cry out for peace, for you to come and instill
    In our hearts and our minds, your perfect will.
    da Gina
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hmm. Maybe I'll make it a goal to start making all my replies in poetic form! Ha ha! Oh, I AM in an odd mood today....LOL!

9. Chet

Chet New Member

ken,

Here are some passage of Scripture that does really help when we are going through the rough times:

Phil 4:6-9
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
    NIV

Heb 4:14-16
    Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
    NIV

1 Peter 5:6-7
    Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
    NIV

10. SPAM

SPAM New Member

Ken, the private high school I used to attend and Jack Hyle's High School in Hammond, Indiana shared a friendly rivalry. Bro. Jack Hyles and my former pastor, Harold Clayton had some harmless bet going one year of which football team.

To make a long story short, Houston, Texas to Hammond, Indiana, 26 long hours on a Trailways Bus. They beat us by 3 touchdowns as I remember and it was unbearably cold that day. Magnified of course, by playing in 93 degree weather the week before.

At any rate, during the game, Jack Hyles made it a point to pace the side lines on our side amongst the team and wear us down mentally with one one liner after another. It was all done in fun of course, but one thing he said really stuck out. As best I can remember it went something like this, "you can never defeat a team that works together like my boys."

I wonder is Christ says the same thing when through those valleys, other christians make it a point to share the burden? I'd like to think He does. There's no way for satan to prevail, when as a family we address the issue. Seek support from your church when in trouble.

Paul {Spam}

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Faith, Prayer, Standing firm, and falling flat at the feet of Jesus.

12. Way to Go Ken! As I was reading the first Ken's post I was thinking of that illustration by Bro. Hyles about when he first moved to Hammond, that he was sooooo homesick for Texas that he decided to go soulwinning and he won a lady to the Lord and that of course, caused his burden to be bearable. I LOVE that Poem by Bro. Hyles about the Pastor's heart. Perfect example.
    By the time you lift someone elses load, whether it be by a phone call, visit, batch of cookies, an errand ran for them...anything ~ by the time you go back to pick up your once unbearable burden, it all seems bearable. God is in control! Nothing happens that does not get His approval.

Kind Regards! [​IMG]

13. preacher

preacher New Member

Just remember...Our Lord said He wouldNEVER leave us, nor forsake us!Amen and amen.

14. redwhitenblue

redwhitenblue New Member

ken I had to read your post twice until I figured out what you were asking me, after I read my own post I realized that I had not made myself very clear about what I was saying. I am active in going thru Christian counseling thru my church, meaning I'm the one being counseled but I am not counceling anyone (as of yet anyway ;) ) sorry about the confusion.

karen

15. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ken: We all go thru problems and trials in our life. What are some ways you can not necesarily prevent but help you to go thru the fire?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The living Word of God. Does it for me every time! [​IMG]